Trading stocks on the US markets and reporting Tax in canada


Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know if it's possible for a landed canadian PR (citizen of India) to be able to trade stocks on the US markets ?

Can he/she keep his US brokerage account after moving to Canada or does it have to be converted to a canadian equivalent (for instance E*trade canada in place of E*trade US) ?

In other words, if it IS possible to trade on the US markets while in Canada, what are the formalities to be completed after moving to Canada, if any ?

If anyone knows, I'd appreciate any advice...
Last edited by a moderator: