TRACKER: Jun - Oct 2003 in Spreadsheet

Zeroc

Registered Users (C)
I-140 hunters,

In CSC tracker, we are not keeping track of our I-140 status. I just got a copy of spreadsheet from NSC tracker and thought that we will compile our info and keep it updated so that you will not feel that you are the only frustrated GC hunter !

Those who have filed I-140 between june and Oct 2003, will you please update this spreadsheet ? If you do this, I promise that your I-140 will be certified soon ! ha ha ha :)

Guys,

I got couple of guys data from I-140 tacker and updated the spreadsheet. I request you to verify the info and update the spreadsheet with the latest info.

Please do this task and that way you will get a picture where you stand ! I know you won't spend extra time to do this because you will charge your time to the current client only !!
:)

Missed the attachment as usual !! Do not laugh because you probably forgets this more than me !!

add my timeline

Hi zeroc,
Can you please add timeline.
EB2 - RIR - ND-8/8/2003 - pending

T3K, Mingjiang -- Maybe you can also provide timeline..this would be a good starting point.

Kalpesh

Did anyone follow SA vs Pak game today ? It was a shame for SA to loose this game ? Shame on Smith because he slowed down the score board to start with !!!

Guys, exciting news !! www.willow.tv is going to show Ind vs NZ vs Aus games (both test matches and one days)..We will get a break from this GC loop while watching these games !! I hope Ganguly and Co (the people who is making pitches in India) still remembers the humiliating defeat in NZ last winter !!

Here is the updated one after desi145 shared his info !! Cheer up, guys !! It's friday, probably couple of beer will initialise all our parameters !!

"The election to the state of Louisiana on Saturday holds special interest for Indians, as Republican frontrunner Bobby Jindal could become the first Indian-American governor of a US state." - rediff.com

Wah, can Bobby Jindal make it ? Anyway, it does not make any difference to our I-140 though !!! Probably, Arnold may make a difference if he gets elected..

updated tracking

with my update, it will be nice if there is approved one on the list.

updated my details

USCIS is really concentrating on EAD/AP. It looks like as per AILA liason meeting, they are focusing on I-485/EAD/AP and going slow on I-140.

I got EADs for self and spouse. Online status shows even both APs have been approved.

novis,

Congrats on your approval ! You wrote : "USCIS is really concentrating on EAD/AP. It looks like as per AILA liason meeting, they are focusing on I-485/EAD/AP and going slow on I-140."

Well, if this is the case, then those who filed only I-140, get affected very badly. Does USCIS want everybody to do con-current filing ? If so, why don't they make this as law ? Because, there are lot of mean employers who do not allow to do con-current filing just to delay the whole process ? :confused:

Good job, guys, keep updating the spreadsheet...

novis/zeroc

hi novis,
How did you find that INS is slow on I140 ..that really sucks for guys like me..who are planning CP. can you point me to the relevant article or maybe post the related email or any notifications you received from attorney/AILA.

Hi ZEROC :
I appreciate your initiative on starting this tracker. also thanks for providing the cricket site link.

desi145,

I cannot say definitely that USCIS is going slow on I140. But if not then why is it that I140s are not getting processed whereas EADs & APs are.

My belief is also strengthened by the following link ( I saw this in 3rd week of September)

http://www.lewslaw.com/US_Immigration_Updates.htm#09162003a

I am copying the details here:

CSC Liaison Meeting Summary For August 27, 2003 (09-16-2003)

Adjudication Priorities
The priority for adjudications until September 30, 2003 is that of religious worker cases. It is anticipated that in October 2003, the adjudication of adjustment applications (I-485s) will resume at a faster pace (perhaps double). It is also expected that in October the adjudication of Employment Authorization Applications (I-765) and Advance Parole Applications (I-131) filed concurrently with I-140/I-485s will be faster, so that eventually these applications will be adjudicated within 45 days.. By the end of September 2003, it is hoped that H-1B visa petitions, except for extensions, will be processed within 90 days. H-1B visa extensions should be adjudicated within 4.5 months and eventually by the end of this calendar year - 90 days. However, the processing time for Immigrant Visa Petitions (I-140) will be delayed.

Zeroc

My belief is processing of concurrenttly filed I140s is going to be slower than non-concurrent cases because of 'prima facie review' of concurrently filed cases. So you are better of than me.

As per Oh Law Firm(http://www.immigration-law.com/),

Division I: 102, 131, 140, 360, 526, 539, 824, 829
Division II: 129, Premium Processing
Division III: 130, 751, 765, 817, 821 TPS
Division IV: N-400, 485, 824, Legalization
Division V: 90, 212, 612, 824, NACARA
Division X: Training & Quality Assurance

Instead of concentrating on I140, division I was concentrating on 131(AP). But that was prior to Sept 30. Let's see what's ahead!!!

Hi Novis,
for the cases filed con-currently, they just look at I140 at glance to get EAD/AP approved, as many of us need to use AP at any time. that's why BCIS approves the EAD/AP within 3 months. And also they give provision that if you don't get in 3 months, you can goto local INS office and get that done. so, they concentrate at the beginning on EAD/AP...and then go turtoise style on 140/485.

but the situation would be diffferent for CP cases, as we don't get EAD/AP there. so, the process goes into 3rd stage only after 140 is approved.

regarding the religious cases, I agree, that screwed up all the timings on 140/485. They didn't move a day within last month. so, hopefully they will start moving now. keep fingers crossed !

RE

the status has changed on the bcis website for my I140 EB3 .is shows that it is taking between 30-60 days to process this type of case.
is this a glitch or is a miracle going to happen.

I140helppls ,

The status shows the same for me too. This may be a typo or some kind of eye wash for us!!! Because you already crossed
4 months on your I-140 and there is no update..I will love to see some miracle though !

Same for me. 30-60 days. It appears that 158 has been replaced by 30 for all I140 applicants. I am not sure if it means anything encouraging.