Tracker for possible August 2002 Interview - Mumbai Consulate

No Title

My case was sent on 6/19, I wrote to them on 6/20 evening EST and got a reply this morning, 6/21 !!

"We hope to schedule you and your spouse for an interview in August 2002. You may check with us again by July 9-10, 2002 re exact interview date.

Since both you and your spouse are now residing in the U.S., the police certificates obtained from the Indian mission in the U.S. will suffice. No other local Indian police certificates are required for both of you. "

They did not say specifically that my case was received or anything but MUMBAI ROCKS !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a reply from Mumbai consulate...

Just a one line reply

"Your appointment will be scheduled for the month of August 2002"

I had also asked them about local PCC, but they did not say anything about it. Also, no mention about when to check back for exact interview date.

Anyway, atleast I know now that they have recd my case and I will be getting August interview!!

I have NOT got any reply from them yet...

I wrote a new mail on Monday. But no reply for that either.
Why is that I am not getting any reply.
It\'s been 2 weeks now that I send my first email.
My lawyer informed me that they have got letter form NVC saying my case is forwarded to Mumbai. I hope it has reached them!
Should I call them to enquire about my case now?
Any suggestions?
I had written about my case number, category and name of me and my spouse. Am I missing anything?

If you can have someone in Bombay call the consulate with your case number...

they might give information on whether they recd it. I am not sure what is going on with the emails. I did not get a response to my initial email, but got a response to the other email that I sent them. I don\'t know if they are having problems with their email, or they are so bogged down that they only respond to certail emails.

Those who are expecting August interview

what are you guys planning, i mean, about sending email/phone call to check the interview date. Can\'t wait to know exact date.

I think they should schedule all the interviews by Friday

If I remember correctly, last month people got emails saying that their packet 4 was mailed out around the 4th. So hopefully, our interviews will be scheduled by the 5th.

Got reply from consulate... Interview confirmed

You and your spouse have been scheduled for an interview on August 29, 2002
at 09:30 a.m. Packets 4 (appointment letters with enclosures) were mailed
to you as well as your attorneys on July 2, 2002.

no reply from mumbai consulate

I had written to the Mumbai consulate on 7/7 inquiring about the exact interview date. Haven't heard back...

Please book your tix

Guys,
Everybody who is looking for August interview, please book your tickets, otherwise its very diffucult to get return confirm dates, which is not good especially if you are travelling with family. I talked to lots travel agents, but nobody gaurantees for return dates ad fare are tooooooooooo high. So act quickely