Tracker for possible August 2002 Interview - Mumbai Consulate

bordad - Similar to me.

P3 sent to St.l 5/10. RD 5/11. Cashier\'s cheque has not been encahsed, yet. Is it encashed for you? Did u sent Ds2001? My attorney sent it. Do you have any contact no. to talk to st.l? Please post any more info you have.

Anybody reviewed since 5/27 got forwarded?

Anybody reviewed by NVC since 5/27 got forwarded to the consulate yet? All those cases should have been forwarded today.

Neeta ...

Seems like you want to go CP but want to AC-140 to avoid the NVC. In my personal opinion, if you really want to CP, its better to apply for 140 with the CP option, specially if you are applying 140 in VSC or TSC.

While an AC-140 may save you one or at most two month as compared to a regular CP , remember that accepting an AC-140 case is discretionary to the consulate. We all know how Chennai uses this discretion. If staffing levels in other consulates drop due to voluntary evacuation, you never know how they would treat an AC-140.

Just my $0.02 Opinions welcome.

I applied for I140 with AOS option,

After 140, I applied for I824
After receiving the receipt, my lawyer sent P3 along with 140 approval and 824 receipt to Mumbai consulate.

no no. for STL

sm99999,
NVC told me that the STL office is not open for public.she said just call the nvc to find if they have recieved the packet.Whats this DS2001 ,i am not sure if my attorney has sent it.Do post a message if you hear anything further on your case.

Hi, bordad...

Did yr cashier\'s cheque/MO cleared? Did your attorney received any query? I called NVC and they say you can cancelled the cheques and they will resend the P3. My attorney advised me to wait another week. So long already. Post yr info. Also, could you give me ur email address?

Yes, as long as cases gets to mailroom before Wed ....

they have high possibility to be sent on Wed. Even, if you look at cptracker, cases sent on Wed, consulate enter them, most probabily, next day only, since they get electronic copy before they receive actual packet.

Heard from consulate - possible August interview.

Apparantly Delhi has already started scheduling August.

Waiting time is one more month to get

final/confirmed August interview date for Mumbai consulate. I hate waiting, but can\'t do anything about it. Atleast we\'ll know details about PCC from those who are attending June interview.

I think now we need to start "Part 6", since this discussion is getting bigger n bigger, so that it will go for another one month or so.

Good news for PCC, though this is being confirmed by others as well

Here is the response I received from Mumbai for local PCC. Even they apologised to bluegrass for asking local PCC.
Cheers guys

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes you may bring the PCC only from the Indian Consulate/Embassy in the US.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 6:25 PM
To: \'mumbaiiv@state.gov\'
Subject: PCC requirement for Employment based (E2) Immigrant Visa
Importance: High

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am expecting my Employment Based Immigrant Visa interview somewhere in August. Presently I am working in USA & this case is under process by National Visa Center.

For this interview I have already obtained the Police Clearance Certificate from Indian Consulate in USA. They issued this PCC after making proper enquiry from concerned police stations in India through passport office.

All my efforts to get police certificate from different local police stations (in various states) of India, where I lived in past, has failed. The general response is police stations are not authorized to issue such certificate.

My request/question is whether the PCC issued by Indian Consulate in USA (which is issued after making proper query in India) is sufficient or not. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards

Moulin, My cousular seem to be right.

I just spoke to NVC. The lady told me that review is done on last tuesday . She said it will be send to Mumbai in 2-4 weeks.
I asked her specifically about is there any more processing to be done in US and she said NO. So looks like the other lady with whom i spoke last time gave me some wrong information about DC stuff.
I hope my case gets sent to Mumbai this week.

Thanks everybody!!!!!!

I\'m applying for I-140 from VSC with CP option but just wondering if I can apply after getting I-140 approval with CP option.

Thanks once again.

No Title

Wow.. Mumbai is quick to respond to email. Yours was reviewed on 5/31 and sent on 6/5. Looks like the e-file is right. Probably in like 2-3 days of review irrespective of when the papers go out.

Gives me hope :)

peak season only till 15th july

my wife plans to leave a month before i-view date. was getting good rates from philly after 15 july - around $1200. try newark, nj also. some of the agents gave me

My case has not been forwarded yet...

Just spoke with an operator after reading svj\'s posting that his case had been forwarded. Got the standard reply of 2-4 weeks to send the case to the consulate. It will probably be sent out next week.