Tracker for CONFIRMED August Interviews - Mumbai Consulate

Moulin and other experts pls reply....

1. From where do we get the employment letter notarized?
2. Do we have to carry the original I 140 approval to the consulate?
3. My son is 6 months old ,do I have to take him to the consulate?

Reply appreciated.

Re: Moulin and other experts pls reply....

Originally posted by Chandu Bhai
1. From where do we get the employment letter notarized?
2. Do we have to carry the original I 140 approval to the consulate?
3. My son is 6 months old ,do I have to take him to the consulate?

Reply appreciated.

1. Any public cnotary officer. your bank will have one.
2. No. It is not required.
3. You dont have to.

Thanks Kashur... Regarding notarizing

employment letter,I spoke with the bank manager about nortarizing and he said he will notarize only if the person signing the letter signs in his presence.Now this is ridiculous since the person issuing the letter is Director e-business and it's next to impossible to get him to come with me to the bank.How did you guys all manage, since this does not seem to have been a major topic in any thread here.

Your bank manager is correct!! Documents can only be notarized if the person signs it in front of a notary. That is precisely what notarization is for. To make sure that the signature is not forged and the person signing it is indeed the the one who is supposed to sign it.

As far as getting your Director to notarize it, he will either have to come with you to the notary / go on his own and get it notarized / notarize in front of someone in the office who is a notary.

If yours is a big enough company, you may have a notary in your company. Dont worry about it. Companies need to get lot of papers notarized. You can just ask for a notarized employment letter and they will issue one.

Or... take the director out for lunch :).

Name check

Anyone heard of the name check Mumbai has been doing lately? Can we get some documents so that the check is not required? Any criteria to select candidates for name check?

huh.. nobody interested/worried about name checks? I guess you all have enough time in India after your interview... unlike me :(

Documents

Alright... here is a list of ALL docs that I have seen people talking about. I am taking all except the ones in the last section. Any comments welcome...

Primary Applicant:

1) Consulate appointment letter.
2) passport (make sure it has at least 7 months validity)
3) DS part I & II
4) birth certificate & translation (if not available, take affidavit)
5) PCC from Indian embassy in the US
6) employment letter, NOTARIZED
7) marriage certificate & translation
8) I-134, NOTARIZED
9) tax return for last 3 years (transcripts from IRS - can be ordered over the phone)
10) pay stubs(last 3 months)
11) bank statements(last 3 months)
12) passport size photos for medicals, one copy of passport for medical (Hinduja needs it). Any vaccination record (Lilavati needs it).
13) degree certificates (just in case)
14) Document to prove status during your stay in US (h1/f1/h4/f2/other visas, OPT cards)
15) 9003 (it may not come in P4)
16) W2s (last 3 years)

+ 2 copies of each.

Dependent applicant:
1) passport (make sure it has at least 7 months validity)
2) DS part I & II
3) PCC from Indian embassy in the US
4) marriage certificate & translation
5) birth certificate & translation (if not available, take affidavit)
6) passport size photos for medicals, one copy of passport for medical (Hinduja needs it). Any vaccination record (Lilavati needs it).
7) Document to prove status during your stay in US (h1/f1/h4/f2/other visas, OPT cards)
8) 9003 (it may not come in P4)
9) Wedding photos/card

If spouse is employed:
10) employment letter
11) pay stubs(last 3 months)
12) W2s (last 3 years)

+ 2 copies of each.

To be done in India:
1) Medical reports
2) GC photos
3) Demand drafts for fees.

Not required but no harm if you have:
1) Copy of the draft or cashier check used to pay the NVC.
2) Copy/original of 140 approval.
3) Copy of your petition.
4) Copy/original of Labor approval.

Misc (if you have too much time on your hand, or if you are very paranoid)
1) Evidence of your employer’s continuing ability to pay the offered salary: A copy of your company’s annual report. (If available) A copy of your company’s most recent financial statement. (If available)
2) Apartment lease papers/proof of house ownership
3) Social Security cards of each family member
4) school leaving certificate (if you dont have birth certificates)
5) Sailing Permit
6) 4 bouquets :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a pretty exhaustive list. I cannot think of anything to add to it.

As far as name check, I am not worried about it much because I am not heading back to US until about 10 days after the interview. Plus, I stay in Bombay itself so I don't have to travel. :)

Kashur..Perhaps you may also carry

copies of all I-94's in case its needed to establish the status .
Experts,does the AVM at NVC change after they receive P3 from STL or after the review is complete?:confused:

your list looks good...

u have not mentioned anything about wedding photos and wedding card. Not sure if it is important !
Srifix list mentions it ....

may be u can keep it just in case!!

Subbu,
I think, for some reason, Chennai insists on wedding photos and cards. Mumbai doesnt care much about it. But what the heck. I will carry it anyways. Updated the list.

Chandu Bhai,
I think I94 should not be required. Visa approvals should be enough to establish status. Outside the country, we will not have any I94 anyways (have to submit it on daparture). What do you think?

Kashur, That is the reason why I have

mentioned carry copies of all I-94's.I know we have to submit the original but outside the country you may still have the original if it is not taken off at the airport.And believe me there are thousands of such cases.

AVM will not change. It will always mention "please hold while connecting to operator" or something like that. I wish that they would update the AVM. It will cut down the number of calls that operators have to attend by more than half because most of the times people call just to find out if they have recd P3, if review is done etc.

SVJ,

So how are u feeling back to India!! Did u get to eat the things which you were missing here!!

You must be all set now for the interview.

All the best to U!!

I will be leaving for India this week.

Best Of Luck to Kashoor, Moulin too!!

I guess Moulin and ManFriday are probably done with their interviews!! Let us know how it went. I'll be leaving from here on the 23rd.

Leaving on Friday

I will be leaving on Friday for India.

CPMumbai,
When are u leaving ?
See u in the consulate on 29th... :)

All the Best to everyone....