Tracker for CONFIRMED August Interviews - Mumbai Consulate

Fews Qs on I-134 and POE

Guys, pls help me on foll Qs.
On I134 (affidavite of support) related
===========================
Item 1 looks like is only for citizens or permanent residents. So do we H1b holders leave it blank?

In Item 3.0 i am entering my wife's name. Do I need to enter my name in "Name of spouse and children accompnaying or following to join person:"? I am the sponsor.

Item 8.0 - do I need to put my wife's name again here?

r there any other docs apart from emp letter and I130 that needs to be notarized?

POE
===
My and my wife's POE are gonna be different (Detroit and NYC-JFK). Does it matter? she is gonna stay back for a month.

Any formalities/prep work that I HAVE to do HERE before leaving(..similar to getting docs notarized) which can not be done in India (or not accepted by consulate if done in India)?

thanks,
tapasvi.

moulin ans folks, good luck for your interview !

I need your suggestion .
My interview is in August in Chennai. My lawyer filed 485 end of June just to be safe as job was uncertain.
Now I have FP schedule for Aug. So I would like to know when will the INS try to retrieve the file from the consulate and the impact of this on CP.
Please suggest what I should do. Withdraw the 485 or just don't show up for FP (If I don't go for FP my application will be abandoned.)?

Re: Fews Qs on I-134 and POE

This is the information filled in by my lawyer in the I134...

Item 1 - primary petitioners name (even if you are a H1 holder)
Item 3 - wife and children names
Item 8 - wife and children names

Just the emp letter and I130 needs to be notorized. I'am not sure if they accept docs notarized from India (which I guess they should) but its pretty simple to get them notarized here in the US.

Bringing it top!!!

What happend guys no information in this tracker from last 3 days? I guess everybody is fine and have no questions. In a way thats good thing. I've all my documents ready and flying next week. Can't wait to go, land and start eating yammy food which I was missing all these days(belive me, my wife is good cook, and me too).

I sent email to consulate regarding local PCC, but didn't get reply from them.

medical

Finally got my p4! I was getting a bit concerned. :).

I have not heard of any opinions for or against any hospital for medicals. anyone heard of any bad experience?

Originally posted by cpmumbai2002
I have heard good things about both Hinduja and Lilavati. Not sure about Breach Candy.

Thanks! Lilavati is supposed to be one of the most modern hospitals of India anyways. So.. Lilavati it is... :)

There are 13 cases on 23rd

from EB category. Who are they? are you guys are in this forum. I know Kashur has interview on same day other than me. Lets meet at consulate.;)

how are u planning to pay fees?

Hello everyone!!

I just read SVJ's posting for can we pay in $.

The link given for delhi interview says he paid in $. that looks easy option.
As we have already paid most fo the fee in St. Loius. we just need to pay $65 right? (that is visa issuance fee)

CpMumbai, Moulin, SVJ, Kashur...
How are you guy's planning to pay this fee? In cash($) or in Draft ?

so i guess i cn pay $335/- in one draft. (AC140)

I thought I will have to break it up (AC140 case) in $260/- and $65/- just as u all paid to NVC. but i just noticed on USConsulate mumbai's website , thanks to svj, that the latest fee is $335/- which $10 more than 260+65. and so also, I guess, i can pay whole eqvt Rs amt in one draft.

Well, so another $10 savings for u guys, apart from I824 filing fees, attorney fees etc for AC140

I hope everyone's all set..Hamari "tapasya" phalegi aur GC Devata will give us all "mukti" from H1..all the best to all of you.

:)

tapasvi.

One more July Cpier replied to me

I had sent an email to "ssg" about his experience & got reply that all process was smooth.
So relax.

Packet 4

Hi All

I just received my original Packet 4 from the lawyer. She has included the Yellow IRS 9003's with the package. I dont know if Mumbai sent them or if she has a stack of them with her :)

Another thing of interest is that (thankfully) she has also included copies of the money orders used to pay the NVC fee.

Moulin (Bada Bhai)... How much time it

took U to receive P4 since submitting P3? Did U get Sept inteview?
Mumbai???I am trying to figure out when I can expect the interview.
Thanks for your input.

Re: Moulin (Bada Bhai)... How much time it

Originally posted by Chandu Bhai
took U to receive P4 since submitting P3?

Chote Bhai !! I mailed my P3 to NVC on May 6 2002.. Rest of my dates are on cptracker.com Search for Moulin in the text box on the left top corner..

Leaving tomorrow!!!

Guy's I'm leaving tomorrow for India. I've most of the docs like,

1> DS part I & II for all members,
2> marriage certificate & translation,
3> birth certificates for all members & translations,
4> PCCs,
5> employment letter,
6> I-134,
7> tax return for last 3 years,
8> pay stubs(last 2 months),
9> bank statements(last 3 months),
10> passpots,
11> passport size photos for medicals,
12> degree certificates just in case
13> all h1/h4-B visas
14> 9003 for all members (my attorney send it to me, wasn't in P4)
+ 2 copies of each.

Remaining
1> Medical reports
2> GC photos

I'm having medicals at lilavati on 12th and will go for photos(My own studio) on same day.

Do you think that I need to get any more documents or I don't have any required docs or docs which might be helpful.

Kashur, see you on 23rd at consulate at 9.30 am. Moulin I've one year old son, just for your information.

All the Best and see you then!!!

Re: Leaving tomorrow!!!

Originally posted by svj
Guy's I'm leaving tomorrow for India. I've most of the docs like,

All the Best and see you then!!!

You seem to be pretty well covered. You have notorized the 134's right ? In addition to your stuff, I also have a copy of the draft used to pay the NVC , the original 140 approval notice and a complete copy of the 140 petition (including a copy of the approved LC)..

Personally, I wouldn't have bothered to carry these but my lawyer sent them all to me unasked (i was surprised to receive my original 140 without even having to ask!!)...

Good luck to you and have a safe flight !! Keep posting if u can.

Thanks Moulin!!!

I don't have original i-140. Doesn't attorney sent it to NVC? I've copies of LC and I-140, previous employment exp letters and the noterized employment letter. I don't have copies of MO for paid fees. I'll keep posting and surfing thru this discussion since I want myself updated. Chalo, see you then.

svj,

Good luck!! The original I140 is NOT sent to NVC. It should still be with your lawyer. In any case I don't think they ask for it. Just a copy of the approval notice should be fine in case they want to see it.