Tracker for CONFIRMED August Interviews - Mumbai Consulate

Re: Re: Re: P4 anybody?

Originally posted by satishdave
When you get the list can you please post/send the list of docs needed in order, as per P4.

1. The appointment letter
2. Passport valid for six months beyond intended DOE
3. Police Certificates(s)
4. Birth certificate for each applicant
5. Birth Certificates for all unmarried children who will not immigrate at this time
6. Court and Prison records (if applicable)
7. Military records (if applicable)
8. Color Photos (3 per person)
9. Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
10. Evidence of financial support : an affadavit of support Form I-864 for all family based immigrants and I-134, a notorized offer of employment or evidence of your own assets for other immigrants
11. Divorce Decree or death certificate of spouse (if applicable)
12. Optional Forms 230 i&ii
13. Family based immigrants should bring proof of relationship.

Pkt 4 and sailing permit

guys, consulate mailed my P4 to my mumbai address instead of here. Any of know why they would have sent it there? Does that mean they think i am in India and would ask for local PCC?

Also r u guys taking sailing permit? is it a must?

thanks,
tapasvi.

Re: Pkt 4 and sailing permit

Originally posted by tapasvi
guys, consulate mailed my P4 to my mumbai address instead of here. Any of know why they would have sent it there? Does that mean they think i am in India and would ask for local PCC?

Also r u guys taking sailing permit? is it a must?

thanks,
tapasvi.

Where consulate sends P4 does not matter. If you have been in the US for long enough, you only need PCC from Indian consulate in the US.

You do not need sailing permit.

Re: Re: Re: Re: P4 anybody?

Originally posted by Moulin Rouge

1. The appointment letter
2. Passport valid for six months beyond intended DOE
3. Police Certificates(s)
4. Birth certificate for each applicant
5. Birth Certificates for all unmarried children who will not immigrate at this time
6. Court and Prison records (if applicable)
7. Military records (if applicable)
8. Color Photos (3 per person)
9. Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
10. Evidence of financial support : an affadavit of support Form I-864 for all family based immigrants and I-134, a notorized offer of employment or evidence of your own assets for other immigrants
11. Divorce Decree or death certificate of spouse (if applicable)
12. Optional Forms 230 i&ii
13. Family based immigrants should bring proof of relationship.

Thanks Moulin

Got pakt 4

I too got packet 4 on saturday. Similar list as Moulin.
There is a seperate sheet saying (For all Immigration Visa Applicants : Important Notice
2 certificates must be obtained
1. loacl police station
2. regional passport office.

Does anyone of you have this paper in your pkt. 4?

Thanks!

Re: Got pakt 4

Originally posted by lary
There is a seperate sheet saying (For all Immigration Visa Applicants : Important Notice
2 certificates must be obtained
1. loacl police station
2. regional passport office.

Yep.. Have that too but am not going to pay any attention to it.. Taking only CGNY PCC to the interview.

got my P4 too!

I got my p4 with all the documents mentioned here on friday too.
So it is well in time for me too.

Have you guys recd P4 at your home address? My lawyer recd the P4 last week, but I haven't yet recd my copy of the P4. Just wondering if you guys recd your copy in addition to the lawyer receiving a copy.

Thanks.

I received my copy too!

I received my copy at my US address too.
My lawyer and I received it same time.
Have u mentioned India address?

Re: I received my copy too!

Originally posted by subbu55
I received my copy at my US address too.

No.. I did not mention India address anywhere.. But havn't received anything here.. Only one copy to the lawyer.. Anyway, it doesn't matter.

Local PCC from mumbai...

Hey Guys,
I do not wish to confuse this matter further :)

As I understand, local PCC from Mumbai is not required (if residence is Mumbai) and the PCC obtained from Indian consulate in US is enough. Is that right??

Are any of you guys still going ahead with the "just in case" scenario and actively pursuing to obtain a local PCC? If so, whats the process around it and is there a format of the certificate that someone can share?

BTW, my lawyer rcvd a copy of P4 and I did not receive the P4 at my US or local(mumbai) address.

Thanks.

I am not going to bother with the local PCC. Just not worth the hassle. Will worry about it if they insist on obtaining the local PCC before granting the immigrant visa. In any case, we should also be hearing from the July interview guys. I am surprised no one has yet posted any successful interviews for Mumbai for the latter half of July.

my wife has already left for india :D Since she's there (Goa), she went to the police station and made the required applications. I guess the goa police will be their usual susegad (konkani word - means laidback) selves and have called her back on like 10 days to collect it.

Will let you know if they get around to issuing it before I go for the interview. I will *not* pay anything to get it though. Wont lose any sleep over it.

Anybody has appointment letter....

... signed by authority or just Cheif Immigrant visa branch. I recd appointment letter without any signiture or stamp. Is this is the case for everybody, or I'm the only one? Please respond

Re: Anybody has appointment letter....

Originally posted by svj
... signed by authority or just Cheif Immigrant visa branch. I recd appointment letter without any signiture or stamp. Is this is the case for everybody, or I'm the only one? Please respond

No signatures on mine either.. Thanks for bringing this topic up. Its reassuring.

Form 9003

Does anybody received form 9003 in P4? I got one which is YELLOW in colour but not listed in required document list. To be on safer side, I'm taking 9003 for me and my wife. What about other? Are you guys taking 9003 with you?

Appt letter and form 9003

No signatures on my appt letter too... just a plain, type-written sheet of papaer.

I did not get IRS form 9003 in my packet 4 although the covering letter states that it is enclosed. I asked my lawyer and he said that its not being asked for anymore. Not sure about this though... I'll look around on the net for the latest form and take it along anyways. Does anybody have a link for it?