Tourist visa question

immbie

Registered Users (C)
Hello anyone experienced this issue? On visa form my mom puts 3 weeks for her vacation in USA. That's what she wanted. Now that she got her tourist visa I asked her to stay longer for 2 months or so so that she can spend more time with me and wife in USA.

With that said, I also want to see if someone had similar situation before and whether or not this becomes a huge issue at the port of entry for her? Her visa was issued for 3 months but I understand it has nothing to do with her duration of stay.

Visa is issued for the duration she can seek entry into US. Length of stay is determined upon entry and has nothing to do with visa validity period. Usually for family visits 6 months stay is granted.

The visa form asked how long you plan on visiting USA and she put 3 weeks. Now she bought ticket for 2 months because I requested her. Would 2 months be reasonable to be granted? I know it's up to officers discretion but I'm just worried here if I mess this up for her due to my request.

What is written on visa form is not used to determine visitor's length of stay. The visitor is typically asked about their intentions and stay is normally given for the desired duration.

Yep unless there is known issue. it all happen at point of entry.
Dont worry, she should be fine for 6 months. her call.....