Totally In Soup. Any Suggestions!!

Aiming

Registered Users (C)
This is it. I am screwed???

I have a I-140 pending in EB1A (concurrent). Sent in the reply for RFE last week. My employer is applying for my H-1 extension (non-cap category). My wife got a job with the same employer and wants a H-1 though she has an EAD (to play it safe). The employer says H-1 cannot be applied right away. First a H-4 needs to be filed so that she does not go out of status after my current H-1 expires (Dec 31st). During the mid of Jan a premium h-1B needs to be filed. This new H-1 will be approved and she can start to work. But the H-4 filed earlier will get approved in meantime and so she will be back on H-4. Then again a H-1 has to be applied for.:confused::confused::confused:

Does this make sense to you all guys. This person at the International Students office is a pain.:mad::(

Any comments suggestions to how to work this out.

Why would your wife become out of status after expiration of your H-1? If she files for independent H-1 now, PP or regular, the application would be pending with USCIS, so being is status should be fine. She would not be authorized to work until the approval though. Please correct me anyone if this is not right.