Tomorrow is InfoPass appointment after Clearing Interview

sarwarmd

Registered Users (C)
I took an InfoPass appointment for my wife's N-400 application on 11/1/2012 at 9.30 am. When my wife had an interview on 10/16/2012 (and she passed the test), IO informed her that she will hearing something within two weeks. Two weeks will be completed today i.e. on 10/31/2012. As per that we should be ok to have an appointment on 11/01/2012.

During this time, we contacted our Senator who made an inquiry with our DO, Baltimore about my wife case. DO informed Senator that my wife case will be adjudicated within the next 30 days. This is happened on 10/24/2012. Honesly speaking, we do not mind waiting for a month or two.

Since my wife application is going to cause issues to my daughter's pending permanent resident application. My daughter is reaching her 18th birth day in Jan-2013.

Another glitch is that I would not be able to attend my citizenship interview if I am called for an interview. I can not attend because my daughter's permanent resident application is pending based on my GC. If I become a USC, my daughter's pending I-485 will most likely be denied.

It would be highly appreciated if you can give some insight into our pending applications.

I took an InfoPass appointment for my wife's N-400 application on 11/1/2012 at 9.30 am. When my wife had an interview on 10/16/2012 (and she passed the test), IO informed her that she will hearing something within two weeks. Two weeks will be completed today i.e. on 10/31/2012. As per that we should be ok to have an appointment on 11/01/2012.

During this time, we contacted our Senator who made an inquiry with our DO, Baltimore about my wife case. DO informed Senator that my wife case will be adjudicated within the next 30 days. This is happened on 10/24/2012. Honesly speaking, we do not mind waiting for a month or two.

Since my wife application is going to cause issues to my daughter's pending permanent resident application. My daughter is reaching her 18th birth day in Jan-2013.

Another glitch is that I would not be able to attend my citizenship interview if I am called for an interview. I can not attend because my daughter's permanent resident application is pending based on my GC. If I become a USC, my daughter's pending I-485 will most likely be denied.

It would be highly appreciated if you can give some insight into our pending applications.

Why the urgency if it has been only two weeks since the interview for your wife? The case is probably being adjudicated right now. The issues with your daughter application may need to be discussed with a lawyer. Besides her application had such a short window of approval since you applied for your N-400 in mid august. Check with a lawyer and good luck.

Pajerito,
If my wife's application is approved, my daughters application will be approved automatically. My wife has filed I-130 for our daughter which is already approved.
Thanks,

Why the urgency if it has been only two weeks since the interview for your wife? The case is probably being adjudicated right now. The issues with your daughter application may need to be discussed with a lawyer. Besides her application had such a short window of approval since you applied for your N-400 in mid august. Check with a lawyer and good luck.

I understand why you need your wife's approval. Perhaps I used the wrong word at the start of my initial response. What I was trying to say is that after two weeks of her interview, she is well within the time frame that USCIS has to make a determination. I guess that they can take up to 45 days to schedule your oath once she is approved. Best of luck to you and all your family.

Pajerito,
when my wife had an interview, she explained our situation to IO. IO initially asked to wait in the lobby. He came back after some time and said that he will inform us within two weeks. Now weeks are completing today. In fact, he took my wife's Cell phone number too and no response until now.
Is there any chance that he will have oath ceremony performed when we go there. Our DO has 90% of cases, the same day oath ceremonies. It sounds that my wife's is the first such case which did not take the same day oath ceremony.

I understand why you need your wife's approval. Perhaps I used the wrong word at the start of my initial response. What I was trying to say is that after two weeks of her interview, she is well within the time frame that USCIS has to make a determination. I guess that they can take up to 45 days to schedule your oath once she is approved. Best of luck
to you and all your family.

It is hard to tell without knowing more about her case. Remember IOs don't have the final say, the supervisors do.
Is Baltimore even open after Hurricane Sandy?

Yes, Baltimore DO is open after Hurricane Sandy! If you look at TrackIt.com, almost all the cases of Baltimore DO are adjudicated on the same day. We are looking like exceptional for not having same day oath ceremony!

It is hard to tell without knowing more about her case. Remember IOs don't have the final say, the supervisors do.
Is Baltimore even open after Hurricane Sandy?

Yes, Baltimore DO is open after Hurricane Sandy! If you look at TrackIt.com, almost all the cases of Baltimore DO are adjudicated on the same day. We are looking like exceptional for not having same day oath ceremony!

Good luck with your appt. I hope you get the answers that you need. Remember trackit is just a snapshot of the cases, of those who choose to post it, at any particular DO.
Are there any special circumstances in your case?

InfoPass made the US Citizen

Hi,
As I mentioned yesterday i.e. on 10-31-2012, I had an infopass appointment for my wife. I took the appointment in the morning hours to give window time for officer to perform oath if they decide.

We had an appointment at 9.30am. We reached there at 8.45 am. We are called at 9.00 am. Out initial discussions with IO officers are hostile. The reception of InfoPass said that it is normal if you do not get response within 2 weeks. Normal waiting time is 120 days. She is kind enough to give us token number even when she does not like us.

When the IO officer called us, she said it is normal that you do not get response. You should have waited from 3 to 6 months. She has started looking into after saying that. As you know, i can not argue with any of them. I will be in trouble if I argue with them.

We expressed our concern of our daughters pending I-485 and which can have approval if my wife can become a citizen. In the morning, we took our daughter with us. Our duaghter came to USCIS on the condition that we will drop her back at her university to submit her some project works. She had some last date to submit.

The above conversation with IO took almost couple of hours. We informed IO and left USCIS office to drop our daughter at her university. While returning to USCIS, we finised our lunch on the way and reached USCIS office at around 1.30 pm.
We started seeing smiling face of IO. IO issued a same day interview letter and asked us to wait. We waited until 3 pm. During the free time, I tried to ask our kids cases with IO.
There is some more drama in the lobby and before we go Oath ceremony. I think I already took some extra time here.
My wife had Oath ceremony finally and now she is USC.
Now when I am checking online status, it is still showing your interview letter has been sent. Since we need to follow-up on our kids derivative cases, do I need to wait until the status becomes N-400 application is approved or can I can call USCIS toll free number without waiting for status update?

You and spouse had GC since 07. How come you did not process anything for your children till Jan 2012????. How come they did not get GC then??? I am little confused.

My kids applications are seperated in Jul 2007 fiasco. USCIS has agreed as mistake but they said that they can not fix it.

You and spouse had GC since 07. How come you did not process anything for your children till Jan 2012????. How come they did not get GC then??? I am little confused.