To "C R S"

IMMIG2002

Registered Users (C)
Hey there,

Thanks a lot for the link. I really appreciate it. I am assuming you took a look at the link below:
http://www.shusterman.com/natz699.html

This has been, and still is, frustrating me. I don\'t have any idea what will happen with my case. I mean, the officer told me that he will let it slip by. I remember when I told him about it the 3 month grace, he was looking up some law book he had, and then when he found something, he went away to some other IO (I think to his boss), and when he came back he said I am one day early and that he will let me go by. He had me sign a withdrawal form, That form had a fine line on the bottom stating that the INS will expedite the processing of my application. He then photo copied it, I think, and had me sign it and he dated it the same day as the interview date. Now as I mentioned in the other thread, he gave me Form N-14 (I guess maybe to find any reason to reject me), and he even added a line in it requesting my tax returns for the past 3 years!

They got everything they asked for on the N-14. I am just dying to know what the outcome will be, and how long it will take them to notify me whether with a scheduled oath date (I hope), or to reapply, which would really suck.

Please let me know if you have anything to add to this.

No Title

I did browse through the INS memo; it would appear that you qualify for the expedited process and the fact that you were asked to file N-14 is a good sign. Good luck!

Time

Do you happen to know how long it would take for them to expedite process it?

I have a friend who had his interview less than a week after me; he filled his N400 92 days before hand (3 months in his case). But he filed based on the 5 years PR and on his interview date, the IO never even mentioned it to him! Go figure.

I am keeping in touch with him to see when he will receive his oath letter, and if I don\'t get mine around the same time, I am gonna start worrying. The thing is I don\'t know what to do if I don\'t receive it. Especially since the IO told me that I am all set and congratulated me actually.

I was also given the chance to change my name, and I did, but I never received any proof of that (nor did I ask). What would be the proof of my new name after the Naturalization? Would the citizenship certificate be the one?

Thanks for any insight!

No Title

If I were you, I wouldn\'t start worrying until at least 3 months after the interview date. If you still haven\'t heard from the INS by then, you may wish to call them up and verify that someone is actually adjudicating your case and that this person is not waiting for more documents from you. You may also then want to get your local congressperson involved just in case. Write to him/her and present the details of the case.

The name change occurs at the time of the oath. The same judge who swears you in as a citizen will also approve your new change. The Naturalization Certificate should contain your new name.