• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

To DV winners.

dollyday

Registered Users (C)
Congrats guys!!! Please can you answer my question. I have been applying for the DV for over 10 years without being selected.
Do you apply alone or thru agencies? If yes, which one? How can I really ever have the chance of being selected. Please reply!

I started applying for the DV since 1994; it is just this year that I won. No agency can influence your chances of winning just try again and follow the sample guidelines carefully.

Hi Dolly,

I did not work through a agency, all you need to do is get the
information from the American consulate in your country.

Actually I had given up on winning the illusive lottery as we have been sending in entries for 12 years.

But I guess as the saying goes never give up.

I actually almost threw my winning letter away thinking that it was junkmail.

Take care, and all the best for DV-2005.

Jeff

Hi Dolly, I applied to it in the year 2001, and I won it, I actually have an interview on July 1st. I guess it is all about luck.
Keep on trying. Good luck

Hello Dolly:
No agency can influence the DV process. It is all in your hand. How you fill the form, the signed photograph, your native country in the left hand corner of the envelop. These have to be carefully checked and double checked before you send the application in. Also, you need to send through first class ordinary post. No special delivery. If you follow the instructions to the dot, you have a very high chance of winning. You need to be consistent and persistent. Open a three ring binder and keep copies of your old submissions and instructions for those years. Then you will know what are the changes you do for the coming year. this has to be planned. Just haphazard sending DV submission does not get you good results. Before you send it ask two seperate individuals to check your appliction against the instructions. The mailing period is very important too.
Wish you good luck and hope you will win in DV2005.
PWDG

Last edited by a moderator: