To call for Biometrics appointment or wait for the mailed notice?

simshyam

Registered Users (C)
last year when I efiled my EAD case, I had to call the 1800 number to schedule biometrics appointment. But this year in the confirmation receipt notice, it says that BCIS will schedule the appointment!

So we just have to wait for the mailed notice? Or just go ahead and call the 1800 anyways? The 1800 number now doesn't seem to have a direct menu option for scheduling appointments.

Please help me clear this confusion.

thanks! do you know how long it takes to receive that appointment date from the day you efile? I only have 64 more days before my current EAD expires.

thanks! do you know how long it takes to receive that appointment date from the day you efile? I only have 64 more days before my current EAD expires.

I received my appt notice within 10 days after efile. My appt was scheduled under 30 days after my filing.

what service center are you with?

I don't know if I did the right thing waiting until 60-65 days instead of the standard 90 days before current EAD expires. The renewals during the past 3 years have been pretty quick. They were getting approved in 30-35 days from efiling and the new EAD started with current date, which meant I was losing upto 2 months on the old EAD before expiration. So I was basically doing the renewal thing every 10 months. To avoid this, I opted to wait till 60 days instead of 90 this year. big mistake?

I don't know if I did the right thing waiting until 60-65 days instead of the standard 90 days before current EAD expires. The renewals during the past 3 years have been pretty quick. They were getting approved in 30-35 days from efiling and the new EAD started with current date, which meant I was losing upto 2 months on the old EAD before expiration. So I was basically doing the renewal thing every 10 months. To avoid this, I opted to wait till 60 days instead of 90 this year. big mistake?

I am waiting for about 70 days with new news (TSC), If you lose one month or even 6 months from your previous EAD because of early renewal is much more better than to lose your income whatever it is for one week.

very true! But I was thinking about the time and effort aspect too, not just the money part. I hope the past success repeats in my case.

very true! But I was thinking about the time and effort aspect too, not just the money part. I hope the past success repeats in my case.

When you send in your supporting documents make sure you have everything they need. Make sure copies of your DL and current EAD are light (use photo option on the copier) so that you don't get an RFE. When you get your appt letter, check the A#. Sometimes the A# is wrong. If its wrong and gets scanned in, then your biometrics will go towards the number that was scanned in and not your EAD. goodluck.

I received the notice about 10 or 15 days after I filed (12/04/06) and appt. was a week after that. (12/26/06). I filed through MSC (National Benefit Center) so I am not sure about the other Service Center.

I usually filed 90 days before mine expired. Its has been pretty quick as well ( about 60 to 65 days in average) but my new EAD always have been continued from last expired date, never from the date they approved.

I usually filed 90 days before mine expired. Its has been pretty quick as well ( about 60 to 65 days in average) but my new EAD always have been continued from last expired date, never from the date they approved.

I think every immigration officer work according to his mood. My wife applied for EAD last year (she is J2), her EAD was issued for one and half year (4-4/06-08/14/07). The officer noticed that her status will be finished few months after the one year permitted for EAD, then he/she extended her EAD to that date!!!