To be sponsored

Olimbek

Hello dear staff.
I have a question which I can't find a right answer. I am a permanent resident of the USA. I have been working legally since I came here. Last year I made about 40,000. Yesterday I made my income tax. I am a single. My question is about My cousin who were not in the USA last year. He married to his wife 2 years ago overseas. He has got a green card too. Now he is in the USA, but he worked only 3 months last year, you know you have to make about 27,000$ at least if you bring your family to the USA, so he is asking me to be a sponsor for the last year. His wife and kid are now overseas. He is going to bring his family this year. If I support him and be sponsor for him and show my income for his family, is there any troubles for me later, does it effect to my status because next year I am going to marry and I will try to make documents to bring my wife too.
Please if you know smth about my condition, give me information.
Best regards,

Well people you've previously sponsored with I-864 who are now permanent residents and where your obligation hasn't ended, are counted in your household size, so your household size will be bigger (and thus you will need a higher income) when you go to sponsor your wife.

I am sorry I didn't understand well, can you explain more with simple words, please sir
Look at the I-864 form, part 5, where it computes your household size. If you first act as a joint sponsor for your cousin's wife and kid, and they become permanent residents, and then when you do the I-864 for your wife, in the part 5 when you compute your household size, you will need to add the number of people you have sponsored before (who are now permanent residents, and where your obligation for them hasn't ended) in Part 5 item 6. Suppose you sponsored your cousin's wife and 1 kid (2 people), so you will need to add a 2 there when calculating your household size for sponsoring your wife. So instead of, for example, 2 (you + your wife), it might be 4 (you + your wife + 2 people you sponsored before). A higher household size requires a higher income level to meet the I-864 requirements.

Look at the I-864 form, part 5, where it computes your household size. If you first act as a joint sponsor for your cousin's wife and kid, and they become permanent residents, and then when you do the I-864 for your wife, in the part 5 when you compute your household size, you will need to add the number of people you have sponsored before (who are now permanent residents, and where your obligation for them hasn't ended) in Part 5 item 6. Suppose you sponsored your cousin's wife and 1 kid (2 people), so you will need to add a 2 there when calculating your household size for sponsoring your wife. So instead of, for example, 2 (you + your wife), it might be 4 (you + your wife + 2 people you sponsored before). A higher household size requires a higher income level to meet the I-864 requirements.
I have understood well, thank you very much