TN1 from MSP

vikasmathur

If someone is in US and needs to renew TN1 visa, can they go to the MSP airport and reach out to CBP office to get their TN1 renewed? This would avoid any travel to Canada and any Covid testing requirement.

I heard about this from someone and wanted to check if anyone else here has experienced this or had knowledge about this.

A TN requires one to be entering the US when requesting for it. I'd be surprised if the arrangement you mention above is a valid one but maybe Covid changed how things get done...

I agree @Hello Mister ! But I am told that they will make an exception if one already has valid TN1 visa, considering if someone is trying to avoid Covid expisure and/or covid testing.

No, they will not. US doesn't worry about covid exposure: they do not even ask at the border coming back.

Besides, having previous TN doesn;t get you anything when applying for a new TN, it is a brand new process.

You can mail-in I-129 if you wish.

No, they will not. US doesn't worry about covid exposure: they do not even ask at the border coming back.

Besides, having previous TN doesn;t get you anything when applying for a new TN, it is a brand new process.

You can mail-in I-129 if you wish.
Hi Nelsona, when googled, it says mail in I1-129 for TN normally takes 2-4 months unless premium processing. It is not practical for an additional TN added to the existing one, right?

Premium processing is really the only way to get a TN for a new job without going to the border. No employer is going to wait 4 months for new hire.

The applicant is your sponsor. If he wants you he will pay. If you really want the job, you will pay or go to border.

You are a professional. They want you.

I flew from MSP to BUF last year oct 2020 to renew my TN1 Status at Peace Bridge with no issues. I called them first before going there.