TN Visa

Greetings

We are applying for TN visa. If approved, can we ask advice on what to do on our property (house)?

I am currently working full time here in Canada. No start date on employer contract in the states. when is the best time to give notice of resignation on my current work?

For your second question, you can do what I did. I took few days off from work, went to POE to get TN approved, spent few days in USA where I rented an apartment, and then went back to work and gave a resignation notice. Don't resign until you have your TN approved. By the way, the letter from employer in USA should have starting date on it.
Good luck

The letter need NOT have a start date. Causes to much problems. Your letter is perfect.

I would say this however: next time you ask a question here, please be a little more specific in your header,. This is a TN status site, so we are assuming your post is about TN visa.

Last edited:
The letter need NOT have a start date. Causes to much problems. Your letter is perfect.

I would say this however: next time you ask a question here, please be a little more specific in your header,. This is a TN status site, so we are assuming your post is about TN visa.

Trying to edit header. Questions is about TN STATUS. Appreciate the advice.

So basically we can comeback to fly to US on the POE/airport with approved TN STATUS anytime we want?

Are we still going to show documents?

Once you get your TN from any POE (land or air), you wont have to carry your TN package/docs every subsequent time you request entry into the US. You will be given an I-94 that will be stapled in your passport and almost 99% of the time, that is all they will check

Once you get your TN from any POE (land or air), you wont have to carry your TN package/docs every subsequent time you request entry into the US. You will be given an I-94 that will be stapled in your passport and almost 99% of the time, that is all they will check

Thanks once again. Appreciate the very helpful infos.

Hello. I just would like to clarify about this matter:

Upon approval of TN status, We are planning to delay our departure because we want to settle our property and give atleast 1 month notice of resignation of my current job here in Canada. So we are looking at about 2-3months. Would that be an issue with USCIS border officials?

Hello. I just would like to clarify about this matter:

Upon approval of TN status, We are planning to delay our departure because we want to settle our property and give atleast 1 month notice of resignation of my current job here in Canada. So we are looking at about 2-3months. Would that be an issue with USCIS border officials?

Nope --- just that you will lose out on 2-3 months of TN time since the TN will be granted for the day you cross the border.
Nope --- just that you will lose out on 2-3 months of TN time since the TN will be granted for the day you cross the border.

Any advice on how we can properly manage our situation? all of us are Canadian Citizens in the family. My wife will be applying for TN status. TD for me and 2 child. We don't have relatives in Canada.

A lot of families go through the process. It's not difficult at all. Just make sure your wife has a solid tn package. Td for you and kids won't be an issue. Do take birth certificates of kids, marriage cert, degree evals with you. Good luck! You'll do great