TN visa via Port of Entry OR USCIS

bumbumbole

Have a question: I am a Canadian citizen work in the US on TN visa. I will soon be applying for a new TN visa as I am changing employers. What is the preferred approach for applying for a TN to work in USA assuming you are going in with all the requirements of a TN visa. I am asking because the legal team I am working with is overly reliant on USCIS approach while I have always received my past TN at the CBP / POE method and never had an issue even once for the last decade. Also, I am not happy about the time it takes via the USCIS approach (and the dollars - but i am not concerned about the cost as the new employer will be paying the fees either approach). The CBP approach is much faster and can be retried the very next day if it fails (for whatever reason).

Also, if they do decide to go via the USCIS approach, will I need to remain in the country during that time?

Thank YOU.

I guess since they are paying they can afford to be ignorant. Make sure they premium, and make sure they file that you are getting ne CONCURRENT TN, just in case they blow it, you don't want to lose your current job.
I-129 is their petition, leaving country does not abandon that petition.