TN Visa Stamping

isabel18

I am a Canadian citizen and have been working in the US under the category of Management Consultant for the last 3.9 years(2015 till date) - i now have a job offer from another employer who is filing my TN visa under the same Management Consultant category - i have to go for my TN visa stamping anytime in the next 2 weeks at the border - i have a few questions:

1. My new visa application with the next employer is asking for a 3 years visa - will there be any red flags - as to why i am continuing to work on TN for such a long time?
2. In this partial government shut down - would the TN visa stamping at the border be affected - i mean would that be closed ?

Thanks

For 1, there is no visa stamping since Canadians are Visa exempt. You just request for TN 'status'. There shouldn't be any red flags as long as application is solid

For 2, border should be fine

At the border you are getting your TN approved and having your passport stamped, not a visa.

I am a Canadian citizen and have been working in the US under the category of Management Consultant for the last 3.9 years(2015 till date) - i now have a job offer from another employer who is filing my TN visa under the same Management Consultant category - i have to go for my TN visa stamping anytime in the next 2 weeks at the border - i have a few questions:

1. My new visa application with the next employer is asking for a 3 years visa - will there be any red flags - as to why i am continuing to work on TN for such a long time?
2. In this partial government shut down - would the TN visa stamping at the border be affected - i mean would that be closed ?

Thanks

Hi there, I look forward to have a quick word with you about your experience getting the TN visa under "Management Consultant" category please ?