TN Visa - Masters Engineering and Bachelors Biomedical Engineering

robert_eng

Hey everyone. I stumbled upon this forum and am hoping to get some advice in my situation.

Some background: I'm a Canadian with an undergraduate degree in biomedical engineering. I have a master's degree in engineering (master of applied science, engineering).

I have accepted an offer to work for a large company in the US as an engineer. The role is largely electrical work. I was hired due to my experience working with such systems in previous professional work and in my masters research.

The job title is firmware validation engineer. My bachelors degree is biomedical engineering and my master's degree major is just broadly stated as "engineering".

I know I am qualified for my job but am concerned about the overlap between my university degrees and the current job title. I know that having an educational degree such as "electrical engineer" or "engineering systems and computing" would have given a stronger tie to the job title. Is my application for a TN visa going to be damaged by this? Does it even matter? Anything I can do to strengthen my application?

The company I will work for is largely into electrical and software systems. I know I am well qualified for the job. I have held very similar job titles in the past during internships and in a short stint in Canada before taking this new job.

Any suggestions at all are very welcomed. Thank you!

I don't think you will have a problem. Only way to find out is to go to the border.