TN Visa - Foreign degree education evaluation

jampani

My spouse completed 3 year BSC (Bachelor of Science) and 3 year MCA (Masters in Computer Application) from India. We got our WES evaluation done and it says "Canada Equivalency Summary: Bachelor's degree (three years) and master's degree". We have a potential job offer from US employer and wondering if she is eligible for TN:
1) Do you think my spouse education will qualify as Bachelor degree, if we apply under Computer System Analyst role?
2) If not, should we apply for 3 year BSC alone for evaluation from University of Toronto?
3) If the qualification looks good, can we apply for TN using I-129 instead of going to the border as we are currently in USA (my spouse is on TD Visa).

Appreciate your help.

I presume you got this for Cdn immigration purposes, sicne for US you need a evaluation gainst US degree.

1. Not until you get an evaluation which says it is equivalent to a US bachelors degree
2. Of course, but it doesn't have to be UofT.
3. Your sponsor can apply using I-129, but I see no benefit of doing this. Get the evaluation, and go to the border.

Thanks for the update Nelsona.

3) If for any reason TN was rejected at the border, can my spouse still enter USA on TD visa? If we go with I-129 process, my spouse can still stay on TD visa even if TN application is rejected - is this true?

Yes, her TD is unaffected if a TN request fails due to some deficiency in the petition.