TN Visa for remote

okmijn22

Hi, I am a Canadian citizen currently interviewing for roles in the US. Due to the pandemic, many firms allow the option to onboard remotely, in which case I will be working from home in Canada. Would I need a TN Visa to accept such roles or only when I physically need to go to the US office?

You will not need a TN or anything else to legally work in Canada. However your US employer would have to comply with Cdn tax, work norms, and EI/CPP requirements both for themselves and for you. You would need to be paid as a Cdn employee.

You will not need a TN or anything else to legally work in Canada. However your US employer would have to comply with Cdn tax, work norms, and EI/CPP requirements both for themselves and for you. You would need to be paid as a Cdn employee.
Hello , how will the corp to corp work in this case if I am working remotely from home in Canada for a US client? Thanks in advance .

That will work like any other Cdn company working corp-to-corp with a US client. There are 1000's of Cdns doing this already for years.

That will work like any other Cdn company working corp-to-corp with a US client. There are 1000's of Cdns doing this already for years.
Thanks for replying n pardon my ignorance. So I won't be needing any TN visa in case I set up Canadian corp n provide my IT consulting services to US client? They will just pay me as per contracted rate in US dollars n I have to convert that into CAD while filing taxes. Is that right ?

Correct, in this case you would perhaps only need TN to work or live IN US, but mist would enter on B1.