TN visa for Biotech in the US

Tas2019

Hey guys, I would really appreciate if someone can help me figure out which category of the profession under NAFTA will be the best fit for me? I am planning to work in a Biotech company in the US as a 'preclinical physiologist' which is a fulltime lab position, where my duty will be mostly working with cell, animals, surgery, data collection, related research to develop a method/ tool/ device to diagnose and treat diseases. I am wondering which category of the profession will be the best fit for me? I am thinking between Biologist and Scientific Technician. Anyone had experience in this field? Thank you in advance.

If you (degree) and the job (biologist) can qualify for biologist category, I would be getting this. SciTech category is for those who would not otherwise qualify for TN on their own merits, so use the qualifications of their immediate supervisor (in your case s/he would need to be a biologist) to get TN

If you (degree) and the job (biologist) can qualify for biologist category, I would be getting this. SciTech category is for those who would not otherwise qualify for TN on their own merits, so use the qualifications of their immediate supervisor (in your case s/he would need to be a biologist) to get TN

Hi Nelsona, thanks for taking the time to post this reply. I was leaning toward that category as well. My degree is MSc. (Masters in Science) from a Canadian University in the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences. My field of research and thesis topic was in neuroscience. Do you know any other forum where Canadians are writing about getting TN visa from life sciences background? Most forums are for engineers which make it difficult for people like us to get e guidance. Thank you again!

If you meet the TN status requirements is difficult to determine at this point in time. You need a job offer first.
Send you resume to potential employers, using your Canadian address/phone number, stating "eligible for TN status" on cover letter and resume.
If a potential employer finds your education and background suitable for the job they will call you in for an interview (tell the CBP officer you are going for interview, no worries, he/she will admit on B1 status). In the interview or after the Job offer you can work with Company (and likely a law firm) to ensure you meet the requirements. If you have a solid case, proceed.
If the US employer has a hard time finding qualified USC candidates, they will consider hiring a Canadian or Mexican on TN status. (if qualify)
If you don't hear back from US employers, then they can find qualified candidates in the US.

Just to clarity, one can certainly get a TN whether there are plenty of US candidates or not. There isn't any requirement that a US worker must first be sought,