TN Visa Denied, need advice.

I am a Canadian national. I was recently offered a job in the US in the same stream as my field of study and experience(4 years). The hiring firm gave me an employment letter, job offer and a document detailing the job description. I took them to the Alexandria Bay port of entry to get my TN work authorization. It was denied. The CBP officer stated that the job description wasn't detailed, the company details were missing and complained about the acronym usage in the employment letter. He asked to amend the employment letter with the missing information and to explain everything in layman terms. On a positive note, he mentioned that my credentials seem satisfactory for the job offered and he doesn't see why it would be rejected if we applied again with the proposed changes to the employment letter.

I informed the hiring manager of the comments from the CBP officer. He has offered to update the document. I also inquired if they would be willing to hire a lawyer firm to prepare/review the documents. They seemed hesitant.

Do you guys think I should either:
  • Hire a lawyer to review the employment letter?
  • Hire a lawyer to prepare the entire TN visa application along with the supporting documents?
  • Just make the changes proposed by the CBP officer to the employment letter?
What do you guys think I should do before reapplying? Can you also please suggest some lawyers/firms you've had luck with.

The officear told you what you need to do, and it does not seem unreasonable. Fix the letter and go back. No lawyer needed.

Employment letter has to be more detailed than a job offer letter. It has to specify the job duration, salary, company details, job description and how the applicants experience fits the job description at the very least.

@canadianprocessengg, how aware your hiring manager or HR about the TN process? I noticed several employers are not familiar with it and shying away to hire Canadians. How did you approach your employer?