TN- VISA - corp to corp - required documents.

asripati82

Hi EVeryone, Apologies if this question was already asked? I am a Canadian Citizen, I have a my own federal incorporation in Canada. I am going to have corp to corp contract with an American incorporation and I may have to travel and stay at client site for once in every two weeks. My Canadian incorportation will bear all the expenses and will run my payroll in Canada and pay all taxes in Canada.

Am i eligible to apply TN Visa for my travel to USA for work purpose? what documents should I ask to American agency?
should I apply SIN?
I have no income in USA, should I file any taxes in USA?

Thank you in advance for all your responses..!

Regards
AK

Depending on the type of work you are doing, you may simply need a B1 entry each time you cross, instead of a TN.

You can find info on what constitutes B1-eleigible work.

If the work is not eligible, or if you intend to live in US, then you would get a TN, with the client sponsoring you, the same as an employer would.

Depending on the type of work you are doing, you may simply need a B1 entry each time you cross, instead of a TN.

You can find info on what constitutes B1-eleigible work.

If the work is not eligible, or if you intend to live in US, then you would get a TN, with the client sponsoring you, the same as an employer would.
Thank you for your response, B1 is only for business meetings with the client. But mine is work and the project is for one year. So I will work there but will stay there for two weeks in a month. The client side agency said i have to have TN visa or any work Visa.

OK. Their interpretation is not quite accurate, but getting a TN shouldn't be a problem for either of you.
Since they know what a TN is, they should be able to give you the required letter.

What I understand if you physically present in USA while working on Visa say 100 days, you pay USA taxes for those 100 days and say rest 265 days you worked from canada you way taxes that province/federal taxes. I am giving this input based on my experiences, however verify your case with tax expert. IRS and CRA share all information, and you can ask EI and social securities contribution transferred at the end of the year or at the time of retirement to the country( USA or Canada) where you want to retire.

Kite, is not the case for contract workers . None of what you said is accurate. Please leave the tax questions for the serbinski forum.