TN to PERM

ValenciaD

hello all,

i have concerns on my company law firm!! they accepted my TN to GC case since last October. they said they were currently working on my PERM. However, they are still back and forth to ask about what job/skills i gained from my prior jobs etc....
I have provided all info ... they are very slow on my case!!!!
My question is, how long will take your Perm process from asking your prior skills to next step (post job advertisement, prevailing wage determination etc)? does it make sense for asking what skills you have for almost 4 months???

Well, it would appear that they are having difficulty constructing a set of skills that you have that (a) make you eligible for an EB3 job and (b) unique enough to be able to survive the job posting.
TN doesn't require them to prove that you are filling a job that no American can fill, but PERM does.

For me it was about 2 months, they wanted me to obtain employment verification letters from my past employers to ensure my experience met the requirements.
It took 13 months for PERM from start to finish. 2 months to prepare, 4 months for Prevailing Wage Determination, 1 month for recruitment, 1 month waiting period, 5 months for PERM approval. DOL processing times do change from year to year.
Some employers may try to drag out the process.
Or they may be trying to ensure the process goes successfully as nelsona suggested.

hi @Amberleaf how long did you take for process end to end? My current visa with company A is expiring in 2022. The problem is that the job is not guaranteed after 1 year period. Can I have them starting the process then change to another employer if needed?

Everybody has a different timeline. It depends on many different factors, your role, your education, skills and experience, your sponsoring company, your country of birth, etc.
It possible one can qualify for TN or H1B but not pass the PERM recruitment process. The recruitment process can be attempted again after six months waiting period.
For me, it was about 2 years from PWD, start of EB2 Green Card to USCIS in person interview and GreenCard in hand.
From first starting on TN to H1B to GreenCard in hand was about 3.5 years. But again, others have done it quicker and many others have taken longer, everyone has a different timeline based on different factors.

I think my case is solid but that depends on the company as well. I do have a bachelors and masters degree with over 5years of experience in the field. I do not have any problem with visa backlog since I'm Mexican and those categories are always current.