TN to GC

k_nraj

Registered Users (C)
I'm fairly new to this forum and give me some advice on the following matters, please.

My First TN- Sci Tech is expiring on October and my employer is willing to apply for the H1-B. My doubts are,

A. Is it better to go through the H1 to get the Green Card or is there any other better way, which I have seen on this forum?

B. If H1 is the better option, pls evaluate this,
I have a 3 yrs diploma from India and working experience, which contributed towards an equivalence to the bachelors degree (Already evaluated by some online credential evaluation agencies). Will that be a sure bet on H1 or there's more chance of denial. If the H1~ GC is the process, Is it similar for all nationalities or any advantage for Canadians

C. If TN is the better option, Please give some idea, how should I process the entire thing, wisely. I have a dependant spouse of Indian national and Canadian Child. Please provide some meanings of the terms commonly used here.

Thank You for your time and help extending

Last edited by a moderator:
There are so many posts available, search and you will get much information about this.

What I see is only the advantage that you have on H1 is that if your GC case is denied somehow, you still allowed to work on your remaining H1 as well as renewal is possible. On the other hand, once your GC application (485) denied it is almost impossible for you to renew the TN again.

HTH

Please read the myriad of postings on this subject. All your questions are already answered.