TN to GC process for Indian born Canadian citizen

edmonta

Hello everyone,

I want to start this thread to get some useful info and timeline for TN to GC process for India born Canadian citizen.

I request some successful/unsuccessful cases to have some discussion and give valuable inputs on TN to GC timeline.

Going through different posts,I have noticed that TN to GC process looks like more than 10 + years journey as I-485 filing date is @ 10 years for Indian born Canadian.

If someone has noticed different process or any other way of TN to GC,I request to throw some light on it.

Thanks,

The thread by curiousgeorge is still current. No change.
Thanks Nelsona!!

I have no questions regarding the process but the intention here was to know the timeline for India born Canadian citizen. For other countries ,I 485 looks like current to a year but for Indians, it is almost 10 years. In that case, GC process looks too long but if it is so then no choice!!

that is how it is. Is your spouse Indian-born? If not, you might speed up the process by using cross-chargeability. Not reslly a subject for this forum.

that is how it is. Is your spouse Indian-born? If not, you might speed up the process by using cross-chargeability. Not reslly a subject for this forum.
Thanks Nelsona again.

Wife is also an Indian.

I disagree with your statement " not really a subject of this forum".TN to GC is definitely a subject of further process and this is why I felt to start a new thread. Someone can definitely contribute with their experiences.

Unfortunately is it very difficult due to the "country of birth" cap. About 10 years under current rules. Hopefully the new Biden administration will update the rules in the foreseeable future. Others that have experiences, please keep us up to date with the latest information.

Unfortunately is it very difficult due to the "country of birth" cap. About 10 years under current rules. Hopefully the new Biden administration will update the rules in the foreseeable future. Others that have experiences, please keep us up to date with the latest information.
The country cap is in law (across all except IR category immigrant visas) to prevent people from a few countries overwhelming the available immigrant visas. It is not something the Biden administration will address or “update”.

I suspect nelsona’s comment about relevance to the forum was that a GC discussion belongs in a GC not a TN forum, but he can clarify if he feels the need to do so.

What I meant was not part of this forum, was specifically determining cross-chargeability. TN to GC is OBVIOUSLY in this forum given the 1000's of responses I have given on that subject, so keep calm. eh?

What I meant was not part of this forum, was specifically determining cross-chargeability. TN to GC is OBVIOUSLY in this forum given the 1000's of responses I have given on that subject, so keep calm. eh?
Thanks Nelsona.
U da Best...