TN to file my parents for a temp visit?

youyou

Registered Users (C)
I am on TN, I want to file my parents for a temp visit for couple of months, they are Chinese.

What kind of procedue to go? What should I do?

Well, there is the matter of the consular visa, which might require proof of 'support' while in US. In this case ,the person being visited sometimes has to provide assurance during the visa process.

Well, there is the matter of the consular visa, which might require proof of 'support' while in US. In this case ,the person being visited sometimes has to provide assurance during the visa process.

Does that mean I have to send an invitation to my parents, and they use that to file B visa, along with my employment letter?

Does that mean I have to send an invitation to my parents, and they use that to file B visa, along with my employment letter?

You need to send them some documents (google I-134) that indicate that you intend to take care of them (financially) while they are in the US (and also the proof that you are able to take care of them - financially)

It is better to have it in case the visa officer has doubts/questions, but having it is not a must. I have seen people presenting it (as a legal evidence, under oath), but visa officers did not look at it.

You were saying "under the oath", what does that do?