1. The forums will be down July 21 weekend due to server being moved by our host. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks.
    Dismiss Notice

TN to F2

Discussion in 'TN Status' started by First Last, Feb 7, 2018.

  1. First Last

    First Last New Member

    Hi all,

    I am on TN-1 visa & about to loose my job and do not wish to work anymore. My spouse is on F1 and I need information about changing my status from TN-1 to F2. Can someone please help?

    Is I539 form appropriate for this change of status?

    If yes, where should I submit the form? as the locations are different for various visas and TN is not listed in the location sheet.

    Processing of the I539 takes several months, does that mean I will be overstaying?

    Any other suggestions are welcome.

  2. newacct

    newacct Well-Known Member

    Yes, if you really want to do Change of Status (which means your status changes and you do not leave the US).

    The last one here, "All other Forms I-539", to the Dallas Lockbox.

    No. You just need to have the application received before your current status ends. (Note: you remain on TN status for 60 days after termination of your job unless your I-94 expires sooner.)
  3. First Last

    First Last New Member

    Hi newacct, thanks for replying. Can you help me with the list of documents please?
  4. nelsona

    nelsona Registered Users (C)

    Any immigration site can give you this info. In fact, there is an F forum on this board. Try there.
  5. First Last

    First Last New Member

    Thanks nelsona,

    Should I file DS-160?
  6. nelsona

    nelsona Registered Users (C)

    That would be a question for another forum, please.

Share This Page