TN/TD visa refused at Embassy with 221g

rwcaflkg

Hi,
I wonder if anyone has tried obtaining TN visa at the embassy and received 221g.
CEAC states 'Refused' and case was updated 2 weeks after the interview (when i sent an inquiry).
It has been 6 weeks now and the hiring company is losing patience.

I am wondering if I have any other options here?
1. Withdraw the TN/TD visa and request for passports back, then fly back to Canada (take the 7 days quarantine hit), and fly to US myself (to get TN status), then my wife travel to US at a later date (to get TD status).

Not quite understanding. Where are you presently? Why would you go to embassy to get TN? Where? TN is never granted at embassy for Canadians. Only non-Cdn dependents can get TD visa at embassy, after the TNer has gotten the TN at the border.

I wanted to travel to the States with my wife (shes not a Canadian).
I believe, the embassy accepted our TD/TN applications, but needed more background checks thats why was given the 221g???

The refusal was probably because you are Cdn living in Canada. They simply don't process TNs. They would if you were both living in Indonesia or Pakistan, but there is no hardship in you going to the border an getting TN before processing TD at the consulate --- which is what you should have done by now, in the past two weeks since posting this.