TN status issued at the airport

Pat70

Dear all:

This is my first application for TN status. Have all the required documentation etc. from the employer, attorney etc. etc,
My question is: If at all the CBP officer approves my application, grants me the TN status, and for some reason I miss the departure flight and if thats the only flight, what is my recourse? Will I be allowed to depart the airport, head back home and fly out the next day? The next day, will I have to re-apply for TN status? Please help me understand. Its my first time and I am stressed. Many thanks.

Regards,
Pat

I understand if you and your job/role meet the TN requirements, you will receive TN.
If you are delayed, it would be treated like any other customs delay, if you miss your flight, the airline puts you on the next available flight for free.
Check how often your airline goes to your destination. Is it once a day or several times a day? Can you connect through a different airport?
I would arrive really early, two hours earlier than normal. Under normal circumstances it should take much less than an hour.
Call your airline to confirm. They should put you on the next available flight, they may route you through another airport, but very unlikely you will have to return the next day. Choose the first flight of the day to be safe.

Last edited:
And once you enter on TN, you re=enter on the same TN, whether you re-enter US that day, the nest, or the nest year,

Thank you Nelsona & AMberleaf so very much for responding. This makes me feel better. Thanks once again and have a safe day.