Tn renewal time by mail

Wow, that seems like an exceesive time.

Are you tracking it on the USCIS website? You should be informing your employer that you are running out of grace period, and will need to go to border an get new TN.

Update

It was received on June 20 2011. The one I had expiren on October 11 2011. I should have 240 days after the expiration date or after the receipt ?

That is correct. I wonder if they delayed processing because you sent it in so early.

I don't advise sending in early, since I'm sure you will have crossed border at some point between June 20, 2011 and October 2011, so you could have gotten your TN then for $50.

You should really only send in TN renewal a couple of weeks before expiry of old one.

Well mine was received on May 31st, with expiry date on June 30th. Still no answer, my employer ended up calling USCIS 2 weeks ago to ask for an update as they understand we are running out of time too. USCIS told us "still pending, you should get an email back before Nov 8th" and so we did but they only told us still pending, and this is due to background checking, kind of weird having that previous ones were Visa approved at a consulate.

Current plan is to go home and get a new visa at the consulate.

Anyone else with current info?

My application was received by USCIS on June 20th. Still under initial review.

Last edited by a moderator:
APPROVAL - update

I just want to let you know that I received the approval of the TN today on the mail. My receipt date was June 20 2011. Good luck ! and thanks for your posts !

Thanks for the update Dany.
My wife's and my son's TD's came in the mail but not mine. They might send it to the lawyer office and then to the employer's.

TN premium prcoessing

Hi all
Many thanks to the folks in the forum,
there guidance was very helpful in the past and hopefully in future,
I applied by mail around 10 days ago on Premium processing to Extend my TN1,
Yet to hear from them ,
any idea how long it takes to process on premium now a days.

Regards
cheenus

Re: TN premium processing

I think they say it's 14 days - I don't know if that includes weekends or not. On regular processing they say 2 months. It took actually almost 5.
I hope though it's money well spent. Good luck.

Curious as to why one would Premium process a TN renewal?
Once the petition is filed, it is serving its purpose. No need to get a quick response.

TN renewals

HI Rg thanks for you response,
Nelsona i am midst of an on going project which is up to the neck for me have no time go across the border,
kind of last minute decision to send it for premium though any ways thx guys for all the responses,
will update you all on how it goes

cheers

So, no good reason.
As I said, once you submit, it doesn't matter how slowly you get it back.

Well we finally got it approved and received it this Monday. It took almost 5 1/2 months from 05/31/11 to 11/15/11. Now we have 3 years I94 and we still need to go get a new visa back home at Mexico during the holidays. Now, while I was trying to schedule our appointment to our interview on their online service the other day, I happened to run thru this info while on the US Consulate Visa appointment scheduling site:

http://usvisa-info.com/en-MX/selfservice/us_tcn_present_united_states

So am i confusing this info or does it really mean we can come back to the US on our 3 years valid I94 if we leave the country to Mexico for less than 30 days? Again, we are just visiting for the holidays but wouldn't like to get stuck out the country, now the the other down side to this is as previously said, US consulates are issuing TN visas for Mexicans for only a 1 year period which will then make our 3 years I94 useless.

Any ideas? Am I reading this site right?

You are reading correctly, this has always been the case. It is known as AVR (Automatic Visa Revalidation).

However, it doe not apply to nationals having left US for their home country, thus Mexicans cannot re-enter US under AVR from Mexico. Essentially, Mexicans need to get new visa anytime it expires, unless they are visiting and re-entering US from Canada or the Caribean.

And Indian or Chinese national, in this situation, could re-enter under AVR after visiting Mexico, but not a Mexican.

That is proabaly why you've never hreard of it: it rarely applies to Mexicans.

Last edited by a moderator:
TN premium processing approved

Hi all
I got my TN premium processing approved.

thanks for all suggestions.