TN Renewal thru mail I-129 normal/premium processing time experience during these COVID -19 months

Hey folks,

Can any Canadian citizen please share recent I-129 normal/premium processing time experience and any delays for TN renewal during these COVID-19 months before and after USMCA goes in effect from July 1st ?

Thanks much!!

Current processing times times for I-129 are 2-4 months according to USCIS website. This timeline has not changed since July 1st. My I-129 was received on May 15th and hopefully being processed. I will update on progress

Reactions: jp9
check processing time on USCIS website.
https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
Form "I-129 I Petition for a nonimmigrant Worker"
Field office or Service Center "Vermont Service Center" (since this is where TN I-129 are processed)
click "+ read more" to see the bottom
as of today it says
2 Months to 4 Months, TN - North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) professional, April 06, 2020

Since yours was filed April 27th, it is still within normal processing time, since April 27 is after April 06, 2020.

We have posted a “Receipt date for a case inquiry" in the table below to show when you can inquire about your case. If your receipt date is before the “Receipt date for a case inquiry", you can submit an “outside normal processing time” service request online.

Any latest updates regarding processing times for folks filling thru premium/regular lately. Thanks!

Hi Chicagomom2020, are these dates of application submission and approval used regular processing time or premium processing time ? Thanks!

I applied for TN visa approval thru I-129 in late June thru regular processing and there is no change in the status and it still shows “The case was received” for the last two months. Doesn’t the status change to “Processing” when it is being processed?

I applied for TN visa approval thru I-129 in late June thru regular processing and there is no change in the status and it still shows “The case was received” for the last two months. Doesn’t the status change to “Processing” when it is being processed?

Sometimes, the status may not be accurate. It happened in my case also, even after receiving the approval notice, still the status showed as "the case was received"

Regarding I-129: Has anyone gotten a recent regular process time update from USCIS indicating longer processing times than they have posted on site i.e. 2 to 4 months?? My 4 months will be next week but status is still "Received". We haven't had any additional info requirements from USCIS.

I-539 applications are also at "Received", but the 3 of them have had their bio-metrics completed a few weeks ago.

I know it's an old thread but here's my I-129 Timeline:

Received May 15th 2020: Application to extend status I-129 and I-539's
Update July 2020: I-539's Fingerprints taken
Update November 8th 2020: I-129 request for additional evidence
Update January 7th 2021: I-129 received additional evidence
Update March 3rd 2021: I-129 Case approved

Certainly not much room until 240 day grace period expired but it got there!