TN Premium Processing timeline experience

ikcdn

I was wondering what people's experience was with their tn premium processing? I got confirmation they received it this week and the '15 day clock' starts ticking.

Have people received it within days? 10 days? etc...

I know every case is unique but was just trying to gauge expectations because of this Trump administration. I've searched the forums and some posts about timing date back pre-Trump.

Last edited:
Nothing has changed. Of course, an RFE will throw timing out of the window.
What is the concern?

Nothing has changed. Of course, an RFE will throw timing out of the window.
What is the concern?

Does RFE mean request for experience?

My petition was pretty solid as I had reputable lawyers who specialize in this do it for me. It took weeks to get all the necessary resources and assets to build my case.

I'm more concerned cause I recently found out (two days before my petition was filed) an immediate family member's health is in a very concerning state. I was told not to leave the country until this process was completed. I'm just trying to gauge my plans on returning home ASAP.

Leaving US shouldn't make any difference. RFE: common immig term, please look up.
What status are you in now?

Leaving US shouldn't make any difference. RFE: common immig term, please look up.
What status are you in now?

I am a TN-1 visa and got a new job and their lawyers are doing a petition for the same graphic designer visa.

Okay thanks for letting me know that leaving shouldnt make a difference - will follow up with my lawyers to see if I can leave without notice in case my family situation gets worse.

I-129 is a petition by the employer, so YOU leaving doesn't matter. If apparoved while out of the country you can simply "pick-ip" your TN at the border when re-entering. just have the petition number handy.
And if it is not ready yet, then yo ustill have your old TN which is valid.

Is the new TN for a different company? If not, no need for new TN in same category.

I-129 is a petition by the employer, so YOU leaving doesn't matter. If apparoved while out of the country you can simply "pick-ip" your TN at the border when re-entering. just have the petition number handy.
And if it is not ready yet, then yo ustill have your old TN which is valid.

Is the new TN for a different company? If not, no need for new TN in same category.
It is with a new company - but same TN category.

Based on other forums / digging deeper into this forum I don't think there is a consistent 'average' time to expect how long the PP will take.

My initial post was just to gauge if anyone recently submitted a PP application and how long they took. Just a little eager playing the waiting game!