TN Pre-approval POE

deladios

Hello!

Applied for TN pre-approval process as a Canadian Citizen. I've received the I-797B form with a listed POE: BLAINE WA. Does this mean that I can only enter through the BLAINE POE?

It states on the 797B form that I can change this POE with an I-824 form. Is there any information/experience on how long that request takes?

Thanks!

So, just to be clear, this is not "pre-approval", it is TN I-129 approval, like any other. However you still need to go go a POE/PFI (of course) to enter US to work. At the border there is a possibility that you would be denied entry, rarely for TN technical reasons, but rather for inadmissibility reasons, such as a criminal record.

You can use any POE. Ignore the information about form I-842, it applies to a change of POE on certain waiver approvals, not simple TN entry. Nothing has been sent to Blaine; and certainly nothing that can't be looked up across all the CBP system Never heard of anyone being turned around because of using wrong POE. I-797B is used for a myriad of approvals, so the language has to be pretty generic; doesn't apply in this case.