Tn + i-94

arun_2681

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have been on TN status since Jan 2007. In Aug 2010, I obtained a TN by mail for a new job until Aug 2013 (I-797A notice along with I-94).
In Sept 2010, I went to India through Europe. While leaving US, I gave my latest white I-94 card at the gate.
I got my married in India, my wife being Indian citizen got her TD visa stamped on her passport. We came back to the US in Sept itself via Europe and Canada to be specific flew to Toronto and entered US through Peace Bridge POE.

The immigration officer gave my wife a new I-94 and stamped her passport. However, he just tore the I-94 from my latest I-797A and stapled it on my passport.
I asked him if I required a white card I-94 and he said no.

I am concerned that I may need the white I-94 and stamp on my passport. It looks to me from my passport, that I have no record of leaving and coming back to the US.

I'm thinking to going to deferred inspection facility to get a white card I-94.

Any thoughts on the best course of action please?

Thanks,

arun_2681

The I-94 you get with your I-797 is just as legitimate as the cardboard one issued at the border. In fact it is better. When you returned your other I-94, what exactly do you think they did with it? They recorded your departure!

You don't need proof of being in US. You don't ned any stamp. Don't waste everybody's time with deferred inspection.

Tip: staple the other stub in the back of your passport, it contains all info needed to get anothr I-94 next time you leave N america.