TN help - losing sleep after RFE, lawyer gave 2 options

tncanadianhelp

HELP.

I just applied for a TN under Management Consultant (yes, I know) by mail with premium processing.

A lawyer prepared my case, however, just received an RFE asking for multiple things - essentially they don't believe there is "sufficient" work for me with my employer (as they have less than 20 employees which is exactly why I am being employed - to grow the company), and they don't believe my qualifications are sufficient (I have over 5+ years of experience) because none of my other titles were "management consultant", however, all related.

Laywer advised that there has been an increase in RFEs here and my options are:

1) Respond to RFE and also get a professional equivalency evaluation (I have 2 years of university but dropped out on 3rd year upon getting offer of a full time job in my field) -- BUT said this would be a challenge as they questioned my education.

2) Withdraw my application, and apply at a POE (while getting a professional equivalency to strengthen my application) - the nearest one is Maine.

Lawyer advised withdrawing and trying my luck at the border.

I have been losing sleep over this, and have been reading these forums where amazing advice is given. before making a decision I'd like to receive some secondary opinions.

Thank you so much in advance. let me know if

Unless you have a management degree, or have 5 years of management consultant experience, which you have neither, it is a tough slog. Your lawyer should have told you this from the outset but give him credit that he is will ing to have you fix it at the border rather that waste time and money on RFE.

What were the previous TN categories you worked under, given you don't have a degree? You might want to stick to that field.

HELP.

I just applied for a TN under Management Consultant (yes, I know) by mail with premium processing.

A lawyer prepared my case, however, just received an RFE asking for multiple things - essentially they don't believe there is "sufficient" work for me with my employer (as they have less than 20 employees which is exactly why I am being employed - to grow the company), and they don't believe my qualifications are sufficient (I have over 5+ years of experience) because none of my other titles were "management consultant", however, all related.

Laywer advised that there has been an increase in RFEs here and my options are:

1) Respond to RFE and also get a professional equivalency evaluation (I have 2 years of university but dropped out on 3rd year upon getting offer of a full time job in my field) -- BUT said this would be a challenge as they questioned my education.

2) Withdraw my application, and apply at a POE (while getting a professional equivalency to strengthen my application) - the nearest one is Maine.

Lawyer advised withdrawing and trying my luck at the border.

I have been losing sleep over this, and have been reading these forums where amazing advice is given. before making a decision I'd like to receive some secondary opinions.

Thank you so much in advance. let me know if

I just got an RFE too under the MC category. Did they fax it to your company or did they mail it? Is there a way to see the contents of the RFE earlier? My company didn't put a fax number and I called and they said receiving it by mail may take 5 days.