Tn Extension

Sravi21

Hi Friends

I am Canadian citizen working in US. I am 5 hours away from Detroit border. Planning to cross via Windsor tunnel during weweekend and do flagpole. My TN expires in 4 weeks.

1.Windsor tunnel process TN during weekends ?

2.Do I need to let Canadian officer knew about my immediate return to US ? Was it okay to tell them about my plan to return right after entering Canada?

3. In worst case , do I need to have my plan for quarantine in Canada or I can return with my Current TN?.
4. Never been to Detroit land border.. For Flagpole , do I cross border/ River or they simply ask me to go US side without crossing border/River ?

Hi Friends

I am Canadian citizen working in US. I am 5 hours away from Detroit border. Planning to cross via Windsor tunnel during weweekend and do flagpole. My TN expires in 4 weeks.

1.Windsor tunnel process TN during weekends ?

2.Do I need to let Canadian officer knew about my immediate return to US ? Was it okay to tell them about my plan to return right after entering Canada?

3. In worst case , do I need to have my plan for quarantine in Canada or I can return with my Current TN?.
4. Never been to Detroit land border.. For Flagpole , do I cross border/ River or they simply ask me to go US side without crossing border/River ?

1. TNs are processed on the weekends also, I remember, I got my first TN at Rainbow Bridge POE on a Saturday. However, it is advisable and best if you could go on a weekday during 8 AM-4 PM window. This helps the officer, in case, if he/she wants to contact your employer for confirming your employment with them

2. You simply tell the officer that you came for TN renewal and you want to head back to US immediately. Its perfectly fine as your sole purpose of going to border is to get your TN renewed/issued

3. You do not need to quarantine in Canada as you will cross back to US immediately. The only quarantine may apply to you is your home state, they may have quarantine rules in place.

4. You simply cross into Canada and tell the officer that you want to go back, you should be able to take a U turn and come back to US from CBSA check-point.

Got the TNTsuccessfully. Few updates, might help others.

If you are applying for CSA or Management consultant category, do not go to Detroit border during weekend. Officer who does this category works only on weekdays.

Rest all categories are processing 7days.

I live in mid west , went on Saturday to Detroit and had to wait till Monday. ( hotel stay ).

If you are applying for CSA or Management consultant category, do not go to Detroit border during weekend. Officer who does this category works only on weekdays.

I live in mid west , went on Saturday to Detroit and had to wait till Monday. ( hotel stay ).

Did you go to Ambassador Bridge or Windsor Detroit Tunnel?

Hi Sravi, How was the process? Did they ask for more questions?