TN extension

vias

Hi all,

My current TN valid till end of this year. Due to COVID situation planning to apply extension without crossing the border.

Few questions.
1- Who is responsible for the filing fee and lawyer fee ? Employee or the Employer?

2- Can Employee submit/File visa extension ? Or only employer/Lawyer eligible to submit?

3 - TN extension checklist?

4- Do we need to submit original Education certificates & Passport with extension application Or Scan copies are fine ?

Thank you

Hi all,

My current TN valid till end of this year. Due to COVID situation planning to apply extension without crossing the border.

Few questions.
1- Who is responsible for the filing fee and lawyer fee ? Employee or the Employer?

2- Can Employee submit/File visa extension ? Or only employer/Lawyer eligible to submit?

3 - TN extension checklist?

4- Do we need to submit original Education certificates & Passport with extension application Or Scan copies are fine ?

Thank you

1. TN status can be extended while in US by filing I-129 - Employer have to file this form with USICS and pay all the USICS fee. I assume if your employer using a law firm, they should be bearing the cost. I am not sure about the lawyer's fee, but, USICS fee should be paid by your employer

2. You cannot submit I-129 on your own as its your employer's form

3. My last extension is through USICS, our employer submitted a whole bunch of documents like copies of my educational qualifications, experience letters, pay stubs., credential evaluations, resume etc.,. Its based on your employer, whatever they ask for, you will have to submit

4. I haven't submitted any original educational certificates, and no need of submitting passport, just copies of your passport and your current I-94 or if its approval letter 797-A, that should suffice

My TN valid till December end, Guess i can not go now , Probably a week before the expiration ?

Also I live about 10 hours drive distance from border, difficult with Kids without staying in a hotel for such long travel.

My TN valid till December end, Guess i can not go now , Probably a week before the expiration ?

Also I live about 10 hours drive distance from border, difficult with Kids without staying in a hotel for such long travel.

2-3 weeks before expiration should be fine

Traveling with kids is difficult, that too, when you have a long drive

Only advantage of applying at the border is, to avoid long wait period when I-129 filed with USICS, whereas getting that the border won't take much time

The employer *should* pay the I-129 fees etc, but is not legally obligated. They can request that you pay them. H1-B fees must be borne by the employer.

Hi All - I am taking this opportunity to ask renewal related question. I work for a small company and my TN is up for renewal end of next month. Our HR has prepared all the documents for renewal inclusive of form I-129, I-1907 (Premium processing) and also for my dependents form I-539.

My question is for premium processing, can the I-539 accompany my application package? Or does this need to wait till i get my renewal ?. if so is there a separate fees for TD premium processing ?. and does there need to be a I-907 for dependents as well ?.

Thank you

It is better to file both I-129 and I-539 at the same time. There is no premium processing available for I-539.

It is better to file both I-129 and I-539 at the same time. There is no premium processing available for I-539.
Are bio metrics required for TN dependents filling form I-539 & A ?. It appears that they are asking to submit the biometric fees for $ 85 each applicant. Can anyone validate this ?.

Each TN dependent filing I-539 must include the $85 for biometric fees. They will be given an appointment early in the process to attend a USCIS office for bimetrics.