TN extension while i am in Canada

anithamerugu

Hi,
Please guide me. I am working from home to US Client and now I should get it extended. Can I say to my employer to apply extension with USCIS.
Does it cause any issue for an extension if I am in Canada?

Thank you in advance for any help!!!

They can apply for extension using I-129 for one outside US. Of course, you only need the TN when physically in US, so would get final approval when crossing.

I conformed with my employer they can't apply I-129 if I am not in USA. Any suggestions which port of entry I can go from Toronto by land?

I conformed with my employer they can't apply I-129 if I am not in USA. Any suggestions which port of entry I can go from Toronto by land?

The closest are Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls and Peace Bridge, Buffalo. You can also try if you are ready to drive 3-4 hours distance, like Ambassador Bridge, Windsor or Windsor-Detroit Tunnel

anith, your employer is obviously incorrect. However, I'm not a big fan of filing I129 for TN when in Canada in any event. since you still need to go to border and pass muster there.

But, be wary of any decisions your firm makes for you, since they are clearly being misinformed.