TN extension denied

Cherryb

Management Consultant TN extension denied at the border. Office said that I have grown with the company and my designation is a manager/director. They asked me to my talk to our company lawyer and submit appropriate documents and when ready come back and ask for the same border officer. My problem now is as a director of the company, it is not under TN jobs. What other category can I use? How do I proceed? My lawyers should have extended my TN while I was in the U.S. via USCIS. Please need your advise.

It is clear that you are no longer a MC, and management can't be a TN. So, you are in trouble.
Filing with USCIS would not have necessarily gotten you a new TN, but since your job had completely changed, a better job of realizing that TN was no longer for you should have been made by the lawyers. They probably should have considered filing H1-B for you before it was too late (if you otherwise qualified).

MC cannot be an integral part of a company, and no TN category allows for one to be a manager or director.

Time to wake up the lawyers and get them involved, but it doesn't look good for you.