TN extension and I-94

membertn1

Hi folks, I have a question regarding I-94 on the status of TN status application. If you anybody can help that would be much appreciated!
I renewed my TN extension using i-129 paper application while in country three years back and got approval from USCIS with the same I-94 number which was used with the last approval and I-94 departure record in form I-797A reflects the validity period with extension of three years until end of 2020. I crossed thru land border once from Canada after a short few day’s trip last year but was never given a new I-94. Now, I am reapplying again for TN extension using i-129 and have found that the CBP i-94 website shows same I-94 number but with old validity period and does not provide information about the trip last year.
What should I use for I-94 information while filing for TN extension using I-129?

Recommend use the I-94 number and expiry from your last approval (I-797) This is directly from USCIS.

The I-94 online, https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home, the view travel history online has a disclaimer that not all trips will show up. Particularly land border crossings. I would not worry about it.
You don't get a new paper I-94 card every time you enter. Usually they stamp your passport, but sometimes they don't. It is all electronic.

Every time you enter USA, you must specifically request entry under TN status. It is rare, but some people have reported being incorrectly admitted under B1 or B2. It is always good to verify your entry by checking the I-94 online website after your arrival.