TN expires and filing

fif

I have a TN status expires on Jan 17, the company I am working for is in the process of closing estimate of Feb 15, Can I still file an extension before the Jan 17 and still working under "pending", as I am trying to extend through USCIS, in case of yes, what is the requested time that it shows on the application to show the employment window?

"what is the requested time that it shows on the application to show the employment window?"
I have no idea what that means.
To extend your TN by mail, and be in TN pending status, you need to submit the I-129 on or before that date, and it must then be accompanied by a letter from your sponsor asking for a legitimate time period. If your firm is closing, and they know it, they should not submit a request for past that date. if it is for only 4 weeks, they have to put 4 weeks. The I-129 should request the period from Jan17 to Feb 15. If they did not knowingly intend to close, you would put the usual 3 year.

But remember, you also actually need to be working for the sponsor for your TN to be valid, regardless of the expiry date, so, it looks like you will be heading out of the country very soon. How is the job search going?

Hi nelsona

So you think it is better not to extend it at all? I will need to submit the visitor status instead, do you think I have to do it before the Jan 16 ?

I did not actively search for a job yet, I will start doing it after I get switched to B2, what do you think?

4 weeks work is 4 weeks work and pay. That is up to you.
There is nothing stopping you from submitting another petition I-539 in 4 weeks. But if you want to submit only a B@, then it must be done on jan16/17.

Makes sense nelsona, so you think submitting the I-129 + the letter, that show working for these extra 4 weeks, is fine and legitimate?

Of course. If you want to work legally, you have no choice. Follow the rest of the instructions for I-129, you will need copy of degree, etc.