TN designed for individual contributor role / managerial role.

jack10901090

Registered Users (C)
Is TN eligibility criteria designed for individual professional roles. I had a situtation where a collegaue had applied for an engineering manager role and was quizzed on the above.

Cheers,

TN is not for managerial position, ie. managing PEOPLE. Fluffy titles calling one a manager but are not supervisory, are meaningless, and probablt should be included in the TN letter, which should ask for TN under a TN category, not a TN for Xyz position.

If any one in the forum has secured a TN with a managerial title please contribute to this thread.Based on the above thread it appears TN category is solely applicable to applicants filing in individual contribution role.

How do we document an engineering manager role to the TN - Mechanical Engineer category as even an Engineering Manager performs a lot of engineering duties as well in an individual capacity in addition to supervisory functions.

I have seen folks ealier in my previous organizations work in senior executoive / managerial capacity on TN visas.

Regards,

May I infer that the position "Engineering Manager" with the requirement of an engineering degree who supervises engineers is eligible for a TN?

It would not. You need to be working as an engineer, not a supervisor.
You would need H1-B to be a 'supervisor requiring a degree''.