TN Denied-new job position?

DaleCooper

I’m a Canadian RN who has worked on a TN as an RN since 2004. I became a nurse manager in 2013 and had no problems with obtaining/renewing my TN with the manager title/job description. Fast forward to now: I left one employer to join another as a nurse manager and was denied the TN and entry on 10/19. Now, that same company wants to offer me a staff RN position for which I am qualified. I know this may look shady to an officer. I would be forthcoming that I am only a staff nurse as is my employer -nothing untowards. Does anyone have insight or experience? Is it worth a try? I have inquiries out to lawyers but wondered if anyone encountered this.

I’m a Canadian RN who has worked on a TN as an RN since 2004. I became a nurse manager in 2013 and had no problems with obtaining/renewing my TN with the manager title/job description. Fast forward to now: I left one employer to join another as a nurse manager and was denied the TN and entry on 10/19. Now, that same company wants to offer me a staff RN position for which I am qualified. I know this may look shady to an officer. I would be forthcoming that I am only a staff nurse as is my employer -nothing untowards. Does anyone have insight or experience? Is it worth a try? I have inquiries out to lawyers but wondered if anyone encountered this.

Managerial position is something that always go through a strict scrutiny and not allowed under TN. Which border did you go to?

Detroit-ambassador bridge.
What’s complicating matters is that I have my us citizen kids with me, now stuck in Toronto because I can’t go back, and my son has a post op follow up on 11/3 in Chicago. I’m afraid to go to the boarder.

Detroit-ambassador bridge.
What’s complicating matters is that I have my us citizen kids with me, now stuck in Toronto because I can’t go back, and my son has a post op follow up on 11/3 in Chicago. I’m afraid to go to the boarder.

Its a difficult situation and painful. One of our friend faced similar experience.. back in July ..

Initially she went to Sarnia Border to get TN under Management Consulting category. However, officer didn't issue her TN since the job description is not matching and asked her to fix the category and letter and then come back. She went again to the same border with a modified letter and the category now changed to Technical Writer. Second time, the same officer approved the TN.

Not sure, if this will be the same case for every officer and every scenario. It worked out for her when she went back