TN Denial(application withdraw) implication on current I-94

jhapankaj1974

Hi Rajiv,

On behalf of my brother in Law......

I was on TN visa with Company A but during COVID I was laid off. I filed I-539 within 60 days. My I-94 was valid until May 31st 2021. I got offer from Company B and went to Canada to get new TN visa with Company B but at the border post immigration officer denied my VISA and gave me the offer to withdraw my application. I withdrew my application.

Problem: My spouse and kids is still in USA and I am in CANADA. Although our I-94 was showing valid until may 2021 was showing online until yesterday(Jan 6th 2021) but after my new TN Visa interview I-94 is not showing valid

In this case what is the status of my spouse and kids, what are their option to stay in USA.

appreciate your guidance.

My two cents...since you are a Canadian citizen, they can return back to Canada. TD visa is always associated with TN...so they will not have status in US currently. You can always travel to US later on a B2 visa (which will not be allowed since it is currently non-essential).

My two cents...since you are a Canadian citizen, they can return back to Canada. TD visa is always associated with TN...so they will not have status in US currently. You can always travel to US later on a B2 visa (which will not be allowed since it is currently non-essential).

how many days they have to go back...

What happens to spouse and kids B2 visa application since primary applicant went out of USA for to get TN visa which got denied... I know that primary's B2 application is abandoned since he went out of USA.

As a Canadian citizen, we are automatically allowed B2 with virtue of the passport. They can drive or fly back to Toronto. Since they are leaving US, they need to show valid passport to enter Canada. Are they Canadian citizens or having a diff passport.

The poster is asking about B2 petitions pending, not entering US. Those petitions remain valid.