TN CSA using USA Masters degree

anjan42

I am looking for guidance if US border officers will accept the following degrees for TN CSA categories.

nau.edu/online/master-computer-information-technology-pl/
gradadm.seas.upenn.edu/masters/computer-and-information-technology-mcit/

1) They are US degrees so no need to make eval. They are from recognized universities.
2) The first problem I see is that its Masters but not MS CS i.e. Computer Science. It will have IT courses in transcript though.
3) The TN CSA requires a college diploma or degree ( I believe BS), would officer accept degree which is recognized at higher level i.e. Masters or PhD?

Please share if you have any experience with similar degrees.

What was your Bachelors degree in.

I have a foreign (non-north America) diploma in IT. I talked to Trustforte and they told me that they can offer me a US BS eval based on that but told me that since the original is a diploma and not degree border agents might have problems.

For this reason, I used my foreign diploma equal to BS degree to get admission into a master's program. However now I realized that Masters is not even listed under CSA TN. Its North America diploma or foreign bachelor's degree.

Curious if someone has got a CSA TN based on Masters in IT only.

Your foreign diploma is not usable for TN. So your only hope is that they accept the masters IT, which only CBP will be able to tell you.

Your foreign diploma is not usable for TN. So your only hope is that they accept the masters IT, which only CBP will be able to tell you.

Thankyou, based on experience jave you heard cases of people gettimg CSA TN through masters in IT ?

Yes, I have heard of people getting TN with an unrelated Bachelors but a related graduate degree. But, ou will have to find out for yourself.

My TN was approved on Mar 6.

The officer told me at the POE they consider UofToronto equivalency certificate as the gold standard in quotes and she used the term fly by night operators ( who assess the degrees in a very short time). They also verify if the BS degree is a 4 year accredited program.

My TN was approved on Mar 6.

The officer told me at the POE they consider UofToronto equivalency certificate as the gold standard in quotes and she used the term fly by night operators ( who assess the degrees in a very short time). They also verify if the BS degree is a 4 year accredited program.

Did you used bachelors or masters to get TN? Also was it CSA category ?

Mechanical Engineer - Job description
BSME ( 4 year accredited program from India) with an equivalency degree from UofT.
MSIS from the US.

Mechanical Engineer - Job description
BSME ( 4 year accredited program from India) with an equivalency degree from UofT.
MSIS from the US.

So you went under the category of Engineer and not CSA ( Computer System Analyst).
For this I believe BS ME should be enough.

I see you also have MS in Information Systems, dont think there should be a requirement to show this. Did you show both of your BS and MS or just 1 of them?

Once you apply in USA get your degree evaluated in USA through Wes.
They will evaluate whether it's a 3 yr or 4 yr degree or diploma.
Do everything from USA. That way it stays simple.
You will then show the evaluation by WES and also original degree that relates to TN category plus the Offer letter written by lawyer.
If you are applying for a job in USA keep everyone in US terms that way it's easier no point to get rejected by spending money on everything.

Then you go for medical testing, and get SSN number, and start your job.

That's it