TN Application

a3449655

Hi All,
I am Canadian Citizen
I am new to the forum. I have a question, my bachelor's degrees have been valued as dual degrees (Three years). One is Management (The stream is Financial management) and one in Agriculture. I also have a three-year diploma in Accounting and 7 years of accounting exp.
Is it possible for me to get a TN visa with a senior accountant role.

Thank you so much

Only if you have a CPA, CA, CGA, or CMA.
Your degree is not sufficiently related to Accounting, and accounting TN does not allow for (2-yr N American diploma + experience) option.

Hi Nelsona,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have one more question, in China, there is no Bachelor of accounting, accounting is under the Management stream. could I provide my transcript to prove that my degree is accounting related

You will have to get it evaluated. I'm quite sure it will not be found to be equivalent to an accounting degree or even related

You need one of the certifications mentioned.

Only if you have a CPA, CA, CGA, or CMA.
Your degree is not sufficiently related to Accounting, and accounting TN does not allow for (2-yr N American diploma + experience) option.
Hi, I have an Electrical Engineering degree in Venezuela (1989), I am a electrical draftsman in Quebec (2017), Canada. I would like to know how can apply for TN visa in USA.

Find a job in US for an electrical engineer and get your degree evaluated. I assume you are a CDn citizen?

You will have to get it evaluated. I'm quite sure it will not be found to be equivalent to an accounting degree or even related

You need one of the certifications mentioned.
Hi Nelsona,

Sorry for the late reply. In China, accounting and financial management are both under the accounting sub-stream. So most of the courses are accounting-related. Few of them are financial accounting related. Is there any way that I can prove that to the officer?

Thanks again

Hello all,

I will be applying for TN status at Rainbow Bridge POE next week. Can you please help with below questions;
1. Bachelors from home country and MS from US- is WES evaluation required for bachelor degree.
Also, is WES used for Canadian immigration acceptable
2. Is TN support letter a must in addition to offer letter and do these letters need to be originals (wet signature).
3. Is it necessary to mention job tenure (asking as all US jobs are at will) and TN category on the letter
4. Canadian passport, offer letter, TN support letter, degree certificates/transcripts, resume- is any other documentation required
5. Was on H1B few years back- could this have negative impact on TN application
6. What can be used as ties to Canada if no home ownership in Canada

Any help greatly appreciated.

Just a quick update. My TN was approved. And I have started my job two months ago. The lawyer reviewed my transcript said even though it is called management, but it is accounting degree.

2. Is TN support letter a must in addition to offer letter and do these letters need to be originals (wet signature).
Only 1 or the other is required. Support letters are the norm now because they make it easier for CBP to understand.

Only reason to bring an offer letter is if the company won't sign a support letter, but why would a company refuse to do that if they really wanted to hire you?

3. Is it necessary to mention job tenure (asking as all US jobs are at will) and TN category on the letter
Support letter must specifically say the term of employment is 3 years or less. Which is a big reason support letters are so common.
4. Canadian passport, offer letter, TN support letter, degree certificates/transcripts, resume- is any other documentation required
I would not present the offer letter unless the support letter was missing an essential detail which the offer letter is missing (e.g. your salary). Even then I would prefer to go away and come back with an improved support letter.
5. Was on H1B few years back- could this have negative impact on TN application
No.
6. What can be used as ties to Canada if no home ownership in Canada
Driver's license, bank accounts, relatives residing in Canada, library card, club memberships...
Home ownership would be an unreasonable expectation. Plenty of people rent or live with family.
Ties to Canada has never been a question for me. I would not worry about it.
Worst case scenario is there is 0.01% chance your application is refused, and you have to collect some documentation to prove your ties.

As grant alluded to there is no need for a TNer to produce ANY ties to a foreign country, let alone Canada. It quite simply is not part of the TN requirements. This is not a tourist status.