TN-1 Visa question regarding education

Behemonth

Hello, my girlfriend and I are both soon to be Canadian citizens (not native) and we want to go to the US and we believe the TN-1 route would be best/fastest scenario here.

However, I have a few questions...

1. I have a computer science degree awarded in my home county (not north America). A bachelor of 3 years. I keep reading how a 4 years degree is necessary. Is this correct? Online it says that some 3 years degrees are accepted some are not... How can I be certain whether mine is fine or not?

2. My girlfriend has computer science experince but a 3 years bachelor in another field (awarded in our home county). I assume she's not eligible to apply for a computer science job. Would a masters of 2 years here in Canada in computer science help in that regard?

Thank you very much!

1 & 2. Foreign degrees need to be evaluated by a N American educational evaluation firm. WES and UofT come to mind, but there are others. That will determine if your foreign degree qualifies.

2. It might help, but strictly speaking it is the bach degree that counts. One could argue that the masters could serve as a 2-year diploma, and along with 3 years experience, and qualify for some TN categories.

1 & 2. Foreign degrees need to be evaluated by a N American educational evaluation firm. WES and UofT come to mind, but there are others. That will determine if your foreign degree qualifies.

2. It might help, but strictly speaking it is the bach degree that counts. One could argue that the masters could serve as a 2-year diploma, and along with 3 years experience, and qualify for some TN categories.
I've had my degree evaluated by WES when immigrating to Canada (I do realize these are different) and it says:
Recognized institution. Major computer science. Bachelor's degree (3 years).

What exactly should I look for to know whether my diploma would be ok for TN-1 or not? (At least to know that to ask WES...).

By "That will determine if your foreign degree qualifies." You mean if I get the evaluation at all or if the evaluation mentions 3 years or 4 years?

Thank you very much for your help✌️