Titles for Computer Systems Analyst

Sudheerk

Hi Everyone,

As we all know not every company has Computer Systems Analyst title. Though the job responsibilities align with TN requirement the titles some times cause confusions and hard to convince .
Ex : Staff Engineer, Data Engineer, Principal developer, Principal software Engineer, etc

Just curious about the titles that people had for successful TN stamping

Thanks

Internal titles are immaterial to TN. A good letter requests a TN category, and lists the job duties you have, not the job title.

However, I would stay away from any reference to engineer if you are a CSA. You are not an engineer, and the typical CSA job has no engineering duties, much as they would like to think so.

Nelsona I think you contradict yourself when you say internal titles are immaterial, but then warn people to avoid certain titles.

I play it safe, and assume that ANYTHING a CBP officer reads may be "material" if they decide it matters to them. That said: I don't believe anyone on these forums has reported any rejection because CBP disliked the internal title.

Sudheerk, If your company is willing, their support letter should say they are hiring you as a CSA- period. Forget the internal title.

Some companies will be willing to do so. If your company is one of those, then I'm not sure what your question is, since I can't imagine why a company would be willing to change their internal title when they're unwilling to omit it.

Internal titles "confuse" the TN approval process. Stick to categories and job descriptions.

But titling yourself an engineer when your job description isn't, won't get you an engineering TN, for example.

There are certain buzzwords that should not appear anywhere in a TN application (agreed), but adding certain ones to make it look like your job is more "qualified" won't work.